FCH Revisited ...anyone remember me?

SputnikBoy

yes....nobody suffered on their own in that place....the more i think about it the more comes to mind......bad as it were then i would love to live there now....all executive housing...makes my suburban semi a little plain....they never come on the market for sale...i keep checking..it was frightening living there then but we only ever get one childhood and no matter how wretched it is its still remembered.......i remember when i was in there two songs always on the radio...one was doris day singing que sa ra ra (thats kay ser ra ser ra in english money and one called i love to go a wandering...dont know who sang that.i think i might know who the lewd practice kid was...did it involve a drink and a rusty tin at the bottom of the field where the swings were....???...

no....thats one area that still looks the same almost....all the way to forge dam....we often go up there for sunday walks.....you can see it all on google earth.......all that grass area in the middle of fch has been made into gardens.......and....you can no longer go through the top gate near the water tower....its now somebodys garden....

I seem to think that for some of the poorer folk it was almost automatic ,that when mum was having a baby the rest of the kids got put in short term home's Fullwood (ithink)was more long term,Iknow some kids got put in two or three time's.over the yrs .

well i dont know if anybody remembers this about winnie edge the foster mother from hell in cottage 1....there was one little lad in there called edward stacey who always came home from school and had wet himself every day....the poor kid had gone through a lot of trauma...so winnie edge said "the first time you come home dry i will put the flag out...sure enough when he did she put the union jack out of the window....thats all that kid needed...to be shown up in front of the whole crowd...

well i dont know if anybody remembers this about winnie edge the foster mother from hell in cottage 1....there was one little lad in there called edward stacey who always came home from school and had wet himself every day....the poor kid had gone through a lot of trauma...so winnie edge said "the first time you come home dry i will put the flag out...sure enough when he did she put the union jack out of the window....thats all that kid needed...to be shown up in front of the whole crowd...

I think the Bull fm #2 39-46 plus could go one better for nastyness ,I remember one lad dragged in fm the blitz both parents killed,wet the bed first night, the penalty for wetting the bed was a good pasting with the flat paddle,fm the blitz to when i left in 46 he got a pasting every day of his life I think the Bull & winnie edge must have been taking lesson's fm each other for the right to become the queen of evil (i do know Edge was one evil bitch).

Of course we must give credit to Millner #3 during the 40s also looking for the title "Queen of evil" she carried a huge knobbly stick(well it seemed huge) she would beat the kids over the head with it & left a lot of permanent damage, a lot of kids where not quite the same after leaving her tender care

Hi again Anlaby I reember all of what you said even to the flag,Marske by the sea.We were all in those long wooden sheds.Can you remember the concerts we had in the dining hall ?The trip on the bus seemed to last forever,that was the highlight of the year, Freedom for two weeks.I also remember the chappel,I had to go there three times every Sunday as i had to take the kids.The scromping of those beautiful apples.I went to Greystones School then on to Hunters Bar.Memories

Hi again Anlaby I reember all of what you said even to the flag,Marske by the sea.We were all in those long wooden sheds.Can you remember the concerts we had in the dining hall ?The trip on the bus seemed to last forever,that was the highlight of the year, Freedom for two weeks.I also remember the chappel,I had to go there three times every Sunday as i had to take the kids.The scromping of those beautiful apples.I went to Greystones School then on to Hunters Bar.Memories

Glen are we talking the little Methodist chapel in fullwood quite close to the old village school,I went to this chapel in the 40s also to the village school,that was closed around 43-44 i also was sent to Greystones so far ahead of its time,boys & girls believe or not in the same room & they could sit together Wow:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was in a similar institution in another city for the entire war (1940-1945) and it's amazing how many of the same sadists there were in our home as well. When I was there I wondered what motivates a 20 stone nun to punch a 6 year old to the floor or beat kids with a strap day after day and then tell us WE were going to hell.I came to realize that if I didn't find some way to forgive them and put it behind me, they were still abusing me or as somebody said " they are living in your head rent free".God bless you all.

Archived