Doctors vote to take industrial action

Another day of shopping ..............err sorry, action. For consultants it's another round of golf. Frankly, if some of them are out playing golf they won't be around playing God and some patients might live longer. Labour gave doctors massive, unjustified pay rises and they have no right to complain. If they aren't happy let them leave the NHS. Nobody is forcing them to stay.

The action is not about pay.

For the first time in almost 40 years Doctors will take industrial action over changes to their pensions.

They were obviously not convinced by the Government's mantra of "we're all in it together".

On a related point would you be happy being treated by a 68 year old doctor seeing as that will be the new proposed retirement age?

Why? Do doctors become senile at 68?

But it does support some of the arguments the BMA are making. If you sign a contract you sign a contract. If every new government that passes by can rip it up and impose new measures then what is the point of ever signing one in the first place?

If they sign up to this one what it is stop the next government, of whatever hue, moving the goalposts again?

So how far back do you want to go back for the "real" contract NHS workers should be working under?

Thatcher? Wilson? Atlee?

Another day of shopping ..............err sorry, action. For consultants it's another round of golf. Frankly, if some of them are out playing golf they won't be around playing God and some patients might live longer. Labour gave doctors massive, unjustified pay rises and they have no right to complain. If they aren't happy let them leave the NHS. Nobody is forcing them to stay.

What a stupid, ridiculous view. A surgeon saved my life. A consultant and an oncologist continue to look after me. Last week I had a bit more surgery, only minor, but the surgeon wasn't playing golf. If such people left the NHS then we would be in trouble. If you yourself have private medical insurance Mr Graham you can rest assured it has a limit on how much can be spent on you......after which you get transferred to the NHS. You have a strange attitude Mr Graham, some people may even find it offensive..........I just think you have a chip on your shoulder.

But it does support some of the arguments the BMA are making. If you sign a contract you sign a contract. If every new government that passes by can rip it up and impose new measures then what is the point of ever signing one in the first place?

If they sign up to this one what it is stop the next government, of whatever hue, moving the goalposts again?

Welcome to the world of the private sector.

jb

Archived