MMA, Thai Boxing, Strength & Conditioning in Sheffield

If this isn't a wind up then personally I would like to know who the 6th Dan BJJ practitioner is and how long he's been training ?

As far as I was aware it takes about 10 years to get to black belt standard never mind a 6th dan level. (maybe some some BJJ practitioners could fill us in on this ?)

Surely if he is a 6th dan as you say then he must be highest graded BBJ practioner in sheffield and can't imagine he would go unnoticed. Id'e also be interested to know who awarded him his 6th dan ?:suspect:

It's a wind up, there's not many 6th Dan judo players around. As for bjj no chance.

And btw there should never be a link between how good a fighter is and their skill level as an instructor

That's a very valid point Crimewave.

I've lost count of how many Fighters who are trained by a "Big name Fighter" or "World Champion" who have lost to Fighters trained by Ordinary Human Beings like myself ;)

There is only one BJJ Black belt in Sheffield - John Goldson who teaches and owns The Forge at Crystal Peaks

There are absolutely no 6th Dan BJJ practitioners in Sheffield. The highest ranked brits ever are only second dan. Easy thing to remember is after you get your black in BJJ you are eligible for a new degree every 3 years for the first 3 and then every 5 after that which means that you have to have your black belt 24 years to be a 6th dan.

That's a very valid point Crimewave.

I've lost count of how many Fighters who are trained by a "Big name Fighter" or "World Champion" who have lost to Fighters trained by Ordinary Human Beings like myself ;)

Also true, Farhad always refers to himself as "mr average" of martial arts but see all the champions and winning fighters he continually turns out!

AFK is the obvious choice if you want to win fights and titles in kickboxing and K-1.

Out of curiosity, who are the Fighters from Kombat Sports? Do they have winning records like AFK ?

Archived