Overuse of the word "Obviously"

Famously gets used far too often for me, usually in newspaper or web articles. I googled

"Dickens famously" and the famous anecdotes about him on the first page include "James Grant, a reporter who worked alongside Dickens, famously likened the old Commons to "the black hole of Calucutta", "Dickens’ father, John Dickens famously was imprisoned in the Marshalsea debtors prison in Southwark in 1824 where the rest of his family was forced to join him" and "Dickens famously had a long term affair with the actress Ellen Ternan, the cause of his separation from his wife in 1858."

Famously?

obviously, absolutely and at the end of the day, actually and 'what it is like'....really gets on my bristols!
"What is it, like" is a good old Sheffield turn of phrase and not to be confused with these silly 'studenty' word du jour affectations of speech.

I say them all constantly, because I believe that getting on other people's bristols is manna to the mischievous soul. And, obviously at the end of the day, what fun! :D

Or "ospical" :hihi:

I really dislike the overuse of "an I was like, an she was like" (instead of "I said and she said") you hear in conversations nowadays. It's lazy and cretinous.

I must confess I'm guilty of this and I hate myself for it. Must try harder stop! (I'm a cretin) :cry:

Archived