Chesterfield- which are the nicer areas?

Barrow Hill, now that's a name i've not heard in a long time. Used to deliver stuff to the roundhouse there, fascinating place, but would concede the surrounding area left a little to be desired.
Tell me about it, not heard it for years till today, and I was bought up in Brimington !

Staveley. But only if there's no room left in barrow hill. :hihi:

You are seriously taking the P (hence the smiley I suppose). I lived there for a few years, the vicar (unless theres been a new one over the last couple of years) has moved from Toxteth and he told me that he considered Barrow Hill to be rougher. The post office was held up at gun-point about 4 years back.

Ashover is very expensive .. And nearer Matlock than Chesterfield. In fact if I lived in Ashover and someone said it was Chesterfield I'd definitely put them right!!!

Anywhere not near chesterfield is good.

As title- which are the nicer areas/a reas good to live in, in Chezzy? And which ones to AVOID!?

TY

Generally speaking, west is best, Good areas.. Ashgate, walton,brampton, somersal, wingerworth, holymoorside,old brampton,cutthorpe..

Slightly dodgy areas.. staveley, barrow hill (barrerill..as some say),brimington,derby rd/grangewood/st augustines area... and probably afew others that i can't think of at the moment :o

Generally speaking, west is best, Good areas.. Ashgate, walton,brampton, somersal, wingerworth, holymoorside,old brampton,cutthorpe..

Slightly dodgy areas.. staveley, barrow hill (barrerill..as some say),brimington,derby rd/grangewood/st augustines area... and probably afew others that i can't think of at the moment :o

as above,plus hasland is ok as well, out of them all i would go for Holymoorside.

• 2 months later...

Any more opinions to this,

List is

Hasland

Grangewood

Spital

St Augustines

Boythorpe

Brampton

Whitecotes

Hady

Highfields