Does anyone pay for the Times on-line?

The subscription of £8.66/month covers The Times and The Sunday Times. The iPad version includes every word and picture of the print version plus additional interactive stuff.

It is excellent value for money.

It does not have the crosswords though! Which is quite annoying if you really like doing them.

I wish Private Eye was online in a better format, i honestly think they would triple their subscribers overnight.

maybe you do, but I bet they don't. Their print circulation is one of the few that is increasing, and by a lot too - 10% a year or thereabouts.

maybe you do, but I bet they don't. Their print circulation is one of the few that is increasing, and by a lot too - 10% a year or thereabouts.

Im sure they could increase online and paper versions simultaneously :)

ultimately, it's up to them and their main motivation, is just to try and make as much money when they can, as long as they can.

it's what happens when you get educated at Shrewsbury School.

Your contradicting yourself. I am advocating that if they went online in a better format more people would pay for it, hence they would make more money. :)

but less people would buy the print edition if they went online, and fewer advertisers would want to buy space.

seeing as Private Eye is one of the very few publications in Britain at the moment that is increasing its print circulation, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Archived