Flying to ireland- citizen card id

Hi im flying over to ireland next week,i have a citizen photo id card that ive always used.Ive heard bmi baby have changed some rules about id..my id card has a photo and ive always used it.I rang bmi baby just to put my mind at rest,they said i needed a goverment issued photo id..which i think the citizen card is.,maybe im worrying but i dont want to get to the airport and be refused..bmi did not say if citizen card was acceptable when i rang so a bit confused.. im a uk resident, Any help would be great thanks.. x:)

you can also use your CitizenCard to fly within the UK or between the UK and Ireland. RyanAir are the only airline who will not accept CitizenCard as a valid form of ID.

http://www.citizencard.com/ipr/where-is-citizencard-accepted.html

All passengers aged 16 years or over must present valid photographic identification for all UK domestic flights and for all flights between the UK and Republic of Ireland.

Any person travelling into Eire who are neither a British nor Irish citizen, must produce a valid travel document on arrival, notably a passport or recognised National Identity card.

bmibaby accepts all forms of photographic identification, however passengers must ensure that all personal identification is of a good standard. If identification appears to be fraudulent, passengers may be refused for travel.

PLEASE NOTE: bmibaby reserves the right to refuse travel if the passport/ID presented is not considered in a suitable condition or shows signs of being tampered with.

http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/faqs/identification.aspx

If in doubt call them up again and ask.

jb

Archived