How quickly can you feed change into Tesco self service tills?

I have a pot of change and don't really want to loose 10% of it by using one of those change machines they have in supermarkets.

How quickly can you shove money into the Tesco self service tills? The new ones have a little bowl where you throw your coins in, has anyone tried chucking loads at it?

Taaa

:)

I got rid of about £350 in this way last year, over several months.

I generally only spent about £10 at a time, which I found to be a reasonable amount to pour into the machine without pishing people off too much, though it is a bit embarrassing at times.

yea, but would still have to sort it, then get some bags, then go to the bank. Clogging up one of crappy self service tills is much more rewarding!

There are some banks which have a sorting machine which doesn't charge a commission. Am sure there have been threads about in on here in the past.

jb

ETA: HSBC have them

SHEFFIELD CITY "Unit 3 _ Carmel House, 49-63 Fargate, Sheffield South Yorkshire" S1 2HD

404249 MEADOWHALL CD1 SHEFFIELD MEADOWHALL "37 High Street, Meadowhall, Sheffield, South Yorkshire" S9 1EN

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2609377

I have a pot of change and don't really want to loose 10% of it by using one of those change machines they have in supermarkets.

How quickly can you shove money into the Tesco self service tills? The new ones have a little bowl where you throw your coins in, has anyone tried chucking loads at it?

Taaa

:)

Do you really get charged 10% for using one of those machines? I've got a 'pot' that could do with emptying, but I won't bother with one of those either if that's the level they charge for changing it!

Archived