How quickly can you feed change into Tesco self service tills?

The change machines started at 3 or 4% and have been going up ever since. Either way, if I am in the shop and the tills take it, then sod the robbing change machine!

I can reliably report that the Tesco self service tills will take lots and lots of coppers. It's not exactly fast though, after a while it rejects them and you have to wait 5 or 10 seconds before chucking more in.

I am now the proud owner of some extra strong white flour, paid for mostly with shrapnel. And there is plenty more where that came from!

:banana:

You could always buy a coin sorting machine. I've got a big laundry basket over half full of 1ps and 2ps, god knows how much is in there, couple of hundred quid at least I reckon. I'm keeping adding to it until it gets full or until they scrap copper coins, whichever happens first.

You could always buy a coin sorting machine. I've got a big laundry basket over half full of 1ps and 2ps, god knows how much is in there, couple of hundred quid at least I reckon. I'm keeping adding to it until it gets full or until they scrap copper coins, whichever happens first.

If it only contains coppers then you can simply weigh it and divide the weight (in grams) by 3.56 to give the amount in pence (as coppers are 3.56g/penny)

jb

Crikey!!...Don't laundry baskets normally have big holes in them?

Eeeeeek!!!!..that's worse!!!!

Why? They're obviously going to be buying food if they're going to a self checkout, might as well just get a receipt from that coin one in asda. Otherwise, yes I agree its worse than taking a percentage.

Archived