How quickly can you feed change into Tesco self service tills?

You should separate you pennies with a magnet first.

The pre-92 'coppers' are made out of copper. And are worth double face value.

Same with your 5s and 10s. The cupro-nickel coins are currently being replaced with steel ones. As nickel prices are due to rise to such a degree with the coming inflation that the metal content of the coin shall exceed the face value, the government are taking pre-emptive steps to remove the nickel from circulation.

You could always buy a coin sorting machine. I've got a big laundry basket over half full of 1ps and 2ps, god knows how much is in there, couple of hundred quid at least I reckon. I'm keeping adding to it until it gets full or until they scrap copper coins, whichever happens first.

Probably more than you think. I used to have one of them large plastic beer bottles about 3 feet high. I gradually filled it over a few years, and when it was full, I got some money bags from the bank and bagged it all up. It turned out there was over £550 in it.

Archived