Marginalising the young.

I've seen some tired anti Thatcher rants but this is one of the worst. I'll add "young people not being able to buy a house" to the list of problems Thatcher caused along with:

Global Warming

AIDS

Sinking the Titanic

Apollo 13

9/11

Sheffield Floods

Australian Drought

American Civl War

etc etc

Presumably then you think that the widespread selling off of very affordable rented housing at discounts of up to 70% had no impact upon the future of available affordable rented housing?:huh:

i like it how you are accusing the mp's for expensive houses for the young today, personally i think it should be illegal to own more than one house unless you are a council housing association at all, no buy to let no nothing.

m.p's are not to blame for todays greedy society that profiteer when all someone wants is a basic roof over their head !

Pensions where being taxed and were underperforming, housing was booming encouraged by government policy, is there any wonder people moved from pension to housing as a means of providing for their retirement. Government encouraged large scale immigration which increased the population and housing costs. So I don’t see how government aren’t at least partially to blame for the lack of affordable housing.

"There is no such thing as society" were the most remembered words of one of her most famous speeches. Didn't she sell council houses off too and create a housing crisis? :loopy:

She started the rot that we still have with us today.

Also she deregulated the banks and allowed them to gamble with OUR money!

So you lot went and voted in one T Blair, that went well didn't it?

As soon as you realise that it doesn't matter who you vote for things only get worse, there is a continuity of agenda at work here people and whilst you argue who was worse due to some misguided loyalty to a rosette based on it's colour, they (the political class) keep you bent over.

"There is no such thing as society" were the most remembered words of one of her most famous speeches. Didn't she sell council houses off too and create a housing crisis? :loopy:

She started the rot that we still have with us today.

Also she deregulated the banks and allowed them to gamble with OUR money!

Actually by selling the council houses she made housing more affordable for all.

So you lot went and voted in one T Blair, that went well didn't it?

As soon as you realise that it doesn't matter who you vote for things only get worse, there is a continuity of agenda at work here people and whilst you argue who was worse due to some misguided loyalty to a rosette based on it's colour, they (the political class) keep you bent over.

I am not one of any lot, you are.:mad:

Pensions where being taxed and were underperforming, housing was booming encouraged by government policy, is there any wonder people moved from pension to housing as a means of providing for their retirement. Government encouraged large scale immigration which increased the population and housing costs. So I don’t see how government aren’t at least partially to blame for the lack of affordable housing.

Can I just point out that one of the first things Gordon, stapler throwing, Brown did as Chancellor was to reduce Capital Gains Tax on property to a very low level. As a result anyone with money to spend and tax to avoid poured their cash into property and kick started the property boom. Shhhhhhhh. Don't tell the loons.

Selling off all affordable council housing meant that any young person who wanted housing needed to spend a much higher percentage of their income to get one. Thatcher also encouraged massive mortgage borrowing when interest rate were low then put them up to 17% in a bid to control the working population. Lots of people had their houses taken off them as a result.

A three bedroomed council property before the thatcher era would have cost £35 per week to rent in todays terms.

Selling off all affordable council housing meant that any young person who wanted housing needed to spend a much higher percentage of their income to get one. Thatcher also encouraged massive mortgage borrowing when interest rate were low then put them up to 17% in a bid to control the working population. Lots of people had their houses taken off them as a result.

A three bedroomed council property before the thatcher era would have cost £35 per week to rent in todays terms.

:D That was to stop inflation running out of control, something labour should have done to prevent the housing bubble that has now made housing unaffordable.

:D That was to stop inflation running out of control, something labour should have done to prevent the housing bubble that has now made housing unaffordable.

Speaking of bubbles.......you talk them!

Even the Blair government controlled inflation better that Scumeron is doing now.

Archived