DAB radio reception- megathread

Since Wednesday Radio 2 sounds as if it is being broadcast underwater - I wouldn't mind if I was missing Steve Wright but he's on hols and I quite like Mark and Liza. Radio 1 3 and 4 are the same but Radio Sheffield is fine? Has anyone else got the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I've an "original" Pure DAB radio, which usually delivers what it's supposed to - clear, but slightly clinical, stereo sound.

I've got 6 stations saved for ease, but I've noticed that in the last few days I'm getting interference at best, at worst getting nothing at all.

The interference is strange in itself - imagine someone talking "under water" and you'll not be far off.

At times, I'm even seeing a "Station not available" warning, even on mainstream BBC channels!

Is it the weather/atmospherics at fault?

It's a horror but sadly its the future if you want certain stations.

That said, I've noticed that a few stations are going off air. BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service) was an unlikely candidate to take on 6Music, but it was great - while it lasted.

Further to my original post, I'm currently trying to receive Radio 5 Live Sports Extra for the Test coverage....either nothing heard at all, or it's the undersea villain from Stingray commentating.

As an experiment, I've just turned on 198 AM : perfect reception.

So, if it is atmospherics affecting the DAB, why is not also affecting "bog-standard" radio?

Archived