DAB radio reception- megathread

• 1 month later...

i have got a RED DAB RADIO from Sainsburys and wonder how you reset it to rescan everything from scratch, factory reset i mean

i have lost the manual and it stated in that how to do it but have forgot, think i need to hold some buttons down but do not know which

i have tried googling it so no point in that, please help

thanks

• 5 months later...

Hello

The fm reception in my house isnt very good, for instance on a saturday if i want radio sheffield on i can rarely get a good quality signal.

Ive looked on the DAB signal website with my postcode and some have green ticks, some have orange (which means i 'might' be able to get those channels).

So my question is, even though i can get radio sheffield (as an example) it is sometimes crackly, will DAB at least give me a bit of an improvement? Surely?

Thanks

It's a bit hit and miss. Your best bet is to borrow a DAB radio and try it out. Digital radios/TVs tend to work well until the signal quality passes some threshold and then become very bad very quickly. Analogue radios/TVs tend to degrade more gradually - they go good -> poor -> bad -> unusable whereas digital ones go straight from good to unusable.

It's a bit hit and miss. Your best bet is to borrow a DAB radio and try it out. Digital radios/TVs tend to work well until the signal quality passes some threshold and then become very bad very quickly. Analogue radios/TVs tend to degrade more gradually - they go good -> poor -> bad -> unusable whereas digital ones go straight from good to unusable.

None of my family has got one. I might buy one and take it back if it doesn work.

Archived