DAB radio reception- megathread

Well I can't speak for DAB but I find FM radio reception extremely patchy in the Hillsborough area - it can be crystal clear in one spot then non-existent a few metres further along the road. Probably due to the geography of the location.

So what I'm saying is, don't rely on reports of good reception on here - if at all possible borrow a friend's DAB radio and try it out at home before you spend your cash.

• 2 months later...

I thought a had seen a thread on this, can't find it now even with a search.

Imagination perhaps,or is there a power out there preventing us reaching Radio Sheffield!

Haven't been able to get a reception on our dab for about a week now.

Does anyone else have a problem with it, and know what's happening?

I thought a had seen a thread on this, can't find it now even with a search.

Imagination perhaps,or is there a power out there preventing us reaching Radio Sheffield!

Haven't been able to get a reception on our dab for about a week now.

Does anyone else have a problem with it, and know what's happening?

I posted on the thread your refering to I think Radio Sheffield is being transmittered on reduced power for some reason at the moment.It doesnt take much of a reduction to lose the station altogether,could also be the weather as a lot of people have posted about loss of TV/DAB channels.Try moving your radio to a different location it worked for the OP of the previous thread.Regarding Radio Sheffield on V/Media l believe that as now stopped.

Hope that's of some use. P.S recieving Sheffield full strength in S13

Archived