Cars failed mo.t :(

Hi everyone, i took mg car to burngreave mot garage today and unfortunately it failed on 5 things -

Offside rear parking brake recording little or no effect (3.7.a.7a)

Offside front position lamp not working (1.1.a.3b)

Offside front track rod end ball joint has excessive play(2.2b.1f)

Nearside front (rack end) ball joint has excessive play (2.2b.1f)

Offside front (rack end) ball joint has excessive play (2.2.b.1f)

To say important hutted is an understatement.

Does anyone know any decent garages that wuld be able to repair the above for a reasonable price?

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how much this may cost.

I have a quote from burngreave garage but they said they were unable to quote on the rear brake problem unrill they looked at it.which could cost anything?

Much appreciated for peoples helo.

Cheers

Its a vauxhall.corsa 2004 plate.

First time at burngreave garage.

The car went to halfords last year and failed for the same track and rod end problem only to be fixed by them......12 months later the same parts failed

So miffed off with halfords :(

On general principles, don't ever have your car repaired by the same garage that is testing it. That just gives them an incentive to say that things need repairing.

Not all garages will make stuff up just so that they can bill you for "repairing" the faults they've "discovered" ... but why take the chance that the one you're going to might do it?

The car went to halfords last year and failed for the same track and rod end problem only to be fixed by them......12 months later the same parts failed

The I would be inclined to go back to Halfords and ask them why these parts have failed within 12 months, the parts should have lasted longer than this. I run a Peugeot 407 and cover over 40.000 miles a year and the cars gone through the test every time for the last 3 years, these are heavy cars and the sreering system will take a lot more stress than your Corsa. Either Halfords used sub-standards parts or did'nt do the job but still charged you for it. Did they give a warranty on the parts fitted ?..

Unfortunately we live in Sheffield, the roads are notoriously filled with speed humps and potholes. These and parking on kerbs are what put cause excessive wear on track rod ends and balljoints. If you always drove on smooth roads with no speed humps, and never had to mount a kerb, you'd probably find your parts would last a lot longer.

Depending on the road conditions and restrictions where you normally drive, and how often you drive, the same parts can easily wear within 12 months. Oh the joys of owning a car.

The I would be inclined to go back to Halfords and ask them why these parts have failed within 12 months, the parts should have lasted longer than this. I run a Peugeot 407 and cover over 40.000 miles a year and the cars gone through the test every time for the last 3 years, these are heavy cars and the sreering system will take a lot more stress than your Corsa. Either Halfords used sub-standards parts or did'nt do the job but still charged you for it. Did they give a warranty on the parts fitted ?..

Parts warranties don't tend to cover wear, they usually only cover failure (ie, fractures, collapse of component etc).

EDIT: Still worth going back and asking though, won't cost anything to try and the OP may even get a result.

Corsa's are easy cars to fix parts are cheap and plentiful the things it has failed on are no problems to do, get it fixed and you will have a good little car,tops for fixing that lot would be about £150 including labour,not hundred percent sure till you take the brakes to bits to see what it might be but there is no problem fixing corsas they are good little cars.

Archived