Cars failed mo.t :(

The I would be inclined to go back to Halfords and ask them why these parts have failed within 12 months, the parts should have lasted longer than this. I run a Peugeot 407 and cover over 40.000 miles a year and the cars gone through the test every time for the last 3 years, these are heavy cars and the sreering system will take a lot more stress than your Corsa.

As a former 407 owner I completely agree.

Its a vauxhall.corsa 2004 plate.

First time at burngreave garage.

The car went to halfords last year and failed for the same track and rod end problem only to be fixed by them......12 months later the same parts failed

So miffed off with halfords :(

It may not totally be Halfords fault (Although if they used budget parts, then...fair do's) I bought a wishbone for my car last year because the ball join had excessive play, obviously passed when replaced, come next year at the garage ''Ball joint has slight play'' not a failure, but it wouldn't happen again

I've recently got myself a new car, not a noise from it on the test drive and it came from a few cities away, after almost a month in Sheffield I've got on hell of an annoying knocking on the front left. This city just plays havoc with any steering/suspension component. Some manufacturer somewhere, should make, for want of a better word, a 'Heavy Duty' range of steering components.

:roll: Its always track rod ends and ball joints they get you with, I'll bet there's nothing wrong with them really.

But if there is owt wrong with them and you are going down the Motorway and the parts fail - brown bread may be the result.

Angel.

Archived