Going abroad.. Spain, greece etc. HELP

Hey,

So I'm thinking about going abroad at the end of August, and I don't know whether this is a stupid question, but with the situation some of these countries are in at the moment. What is the worst case scenario that could happen while I'm out there?

If/when Greece bail out, what would that mean? Would I be pennyless with my euros not being worth anything? Would everything shut up and hide..

Or if the situation suddenly decreases in say Spain, what could happen then..

I just haven't been able to get an answer from anyone, about what COULD happen. I'm just worried that it could end in disaster, and be stuck out there somehow.

May be a stupid question, I know.

Thanks anyway :D

A friend has recently come back from Greece. All she said was that some places were no longer accepting credit card payments, they only wanted cash. Apart from that everything was fine.

We're off to Greece in September and aren't worried.

Ohhh, that's great thanks. I wouldn't take a credit card anyway so that's fine.

I was just worried everywhere would be closed. Saying that, the price of holidays to actually go to Greece seem to be going up by the day.

I have a friend in Greece at the moment and she's not had any bad experiences.

We're off there again soon too.

If you're really worried about money, pack away some £10 notes. Isure they would be acceopted- although in the worst case scenario- don't expect change. (absolute worst case- but not very likely)

I have a friend in Greece at the moment and she's not had any bad experiences.

We're off there again soon too.

If you're really worried about money, pack away some £10 notes. Isure they would be acceopted- although in the worst case scenario- don't expect change. (absolute worst case- but not very likely)

Thanks, not having change wouldn't have even crossed my mind, but that's a very good point. I'm just going to be a pain and ask for all my euros in low amounts :hihi:

Guest sibon
The government have plans in place to get all expats out of Spain if the worst possible scenario is realised. This is not a joke.

Also the Germans have been printing deutschmarks for some time now.

Do you have any proof of these claims?

Do you have any proof of these claims?

I didn't check the ex pats thing, but germany were printing their old currency last year incase they left the euro apparently. Came up straight away on google, who'd have thought.

Archived