Williamson Hardware in Broomhill threatened

Heard Tesco had got the site by the RBS branch - anyone confirm this?

Looks like it's at least possible, if not definite. I saw a guy from Tesco looking around to day (the hi-vis jacket with the Tesco logo on gave him away).

I live just round the back there, and that'll make it an absolute nightmare. I think I'll probably move!

If you spend your time reading reviews of bin bags, washing up brushes and gaffer tape and want to buy online, pay postage and wait for the delivery man.... I suggest you are in a minority.

I'll just nip into Williamsons when I go past.

:hihi:

I've bought loads of stuff from williamsons. I lose him in the record shop probably the only decent one left in Sheffield and buy all sorts of bits and pieces. You cant exactly browse on Amazon

Looks like it's at least possible, if not definite. I saw a guy from Tesco looking around to day (the hi-vis jacket with the Tesco logo on gave him away).

I live just round the back there, and that'll make it an absolute nightmare. I think I'll probably move!

Which building were they looking at, RBS or the blue Paradigm building?

• 4 weeks later...
I never claimed there was. I was responding to a comment which was implying Williamsons is something special.

It's the only shop within a few square miles that sells the sort of things that locals need. A lot of people in Broomhill (including myself) don't have a car. having a shop in the area for household goods is a godsend. It's not magical or special, just very useful. A Sainsbury's local will sell even less than Eurospar does. It will probably not be any cheaper. So simply put: Another local-type supermarket will bring no benefit to the local area/people. The loss of a popular hardware store will be to the detriment of the local area/people.

Sorry to drag this thread back up; I've only just come across it. I'm also quite sad that Broomhill is slowly losing it's individuality. :(

• 3 weeks later...