Should I wait longer to book flights to Turkey?

Hi, I am hoping to get off to Turkey for 1 week at beginning of October, and want flights only for 4 of us, but the cheapest we can get including baggage etc is around £800 - I have tried all variations eg changing date by a day or so and changing departure airport but still no joy - I am quite a novice at this so any help would be appreciated as to whether or not to leave it until nearer the time :confused::confused:

I've got family who've got an apartment in turkey, who are there now, they've found usually getting a package deal and not using the hotel/apartment is cheaper. They have used the free kids places with Thomson, so it's cost them around £400 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Just give it a google and see what happens x

Thanks Dani, I have just looked at Thomson site and there is a good deal on there to Altinkum - it wont let me proceed to book it though, so Ill just keep trying - the only thing I was worried about that the time of coming out of the apartment corresponding with the flight as alot of the flights are late night flights and if you have to be out of a 'package' apartment in the morning, what would we do for the full day? we also have a toddler in tow :confused: The private apartment we were originally going to book does not have a time limit on when you leave - thanks again for your advice though it was a great help :)

According to my son (who seems to know about such things - he usually gets better deals than I do ;) ) the ideal time to book a flight is somewhere between 8 and 10 weeks before departure.

If you book too early you aren't going to get much of a discount because the operators are still hoping they will get a full aircraft; if you book too late they assume you don't have much choice and will take anything at any price.

Thanks Dani, I have just looked at Thomson site and there is a good deal on there to Altinkum - it wont let me proceed to book it though, so Ill just keep trying - the only thing I was worried about that the time of coming out of the apartment corresponding with the flight as alot of the flights are late night flights and if you have to be out of a 'package' apartment in the morning, what would we do for the full day? we also have a toddler in tow :confused: The private apartment we were originally going to book does not have a time limit on when you leave - thanks again for your advice though it was a great help :)

I think you may have misunderstood - I think the advice was to buy the package ie the flights and the apartments/ hotel -but use your private deal apartments instead of those provided with the package as, ridiculously, this can work out cheaper than just buying flights...........if you did that there would be no worry about leaving times for flights etc.

Archived