Jubilee Protest Day

you know some people will actually cause problems with their neighbours?

getting beered up and using it as an excuse to blast out stupidly loud music all night / weekend

arent most bank holidays around / in spring / summer? then none after august till chrimble

True enough I guess.

You'd better stay in doors. Draw the curtains. Hide.

Who wouldn't enjoy that ?

It's an interesting, if a little too narrow, debate about the virtues of a royal head of state against an elected one/dictatorship.

This piece from the Telegraph illustrates just how low those with wealth/money will stoop to protect their obscene standards.

"The Queen asked the Government for an anti-poverty grant to help heat her palaces but was rebuffed because Whitehall officials feared it would cause a public relations backlash, it has emerged."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/8022625/Queen-asked-for-heating-grant-from-Government.html#

Makes you wonder who the real scroungers are.

I'll echo the post earlier...about if you had an 86 year old mum, and a 92 year old dad, would you cart them off to the races yesterday, plonk them on a Thames river cruise today, and make them sit through a rock concert tomorrow? Doubt it.

for £7m a year plus a palace yes !:D

I'd rather stay here, dismantle the monarchy, elect a proper head of soverignty and pack these spongers back off to Germany. Peoples republic!

Why send them to Germany? HM The Queen was born in London. The Duke of Edinburgh in Corfu. Prince Charles was born in London, same as his siblings.

Archived