Jubilee Protest Day

Have you seen the state of the weather? Most protester types won't turn out in the rain :D

I feel sorry for all the people who've spent weeks arranging street parties, etc. All that heat when we really didn't need it, and now we've all got an extra day off, all we get is drizzle.

They will turn up, 'rent a mob' probably. These people will find any excuse if it means not looking for a job and actually paying some taxes.

Can't see why they have to be envious :huh:

The queen and her sponging family use far more of my mine and other peoples hard earnt money funding their lifestyle than they bring in in tourism...

Just my opinion.

I believe that more money is wasted by politicians than the royals,the things they claim for are ridiculous, wasnt one of them just in the news for claiming money for staying with a friend...

What a waste. That queen, living it off the government in her castles with her corgis. (and gin) Just how much does this cost to maintain?

The answer: 40 million pounds.

That’s about 65 pence per person per year of tax money going to the royal family.

Sure, It’s still twenty-three pence short of a complete shield, but it might be more than you want to pay.

Any after all, those are your coins. Why does the queen get to steal them?

Well, it’s a little complicated.

The story starts with this guy: King George the third, most well known as the monarch who lost the United States for the Empire.

Less well known – but far more interesting – is he likely suffered from a mental illness called Porphyria which has the unusual side effect of transforming your poop from it’s normal boring brown to a delightful shade of purple.

But I digress – back to the the reason the Royals get tax money.

King George was having trouble paying his bills and had racked up debt.

While he did own huge tracts of land, the profit from their rental was too small to cover his expenses.

He offered a deal to parliament: for the rest of his life he would surrender the profits from the rents on his land in exchange for getting a fixed annual salary and having his debts removed.

Parliament took him up on the deal, guessing that the profits from the rents would pay off long-term.

Just how well did parliament do? Back to the present, let’s compare their profits and losses by using a tenner to represent 10 million pounds.

The cost to maintain the royal family today is 40 million pounds per year.

But the revenue paid to the UK from the royal lands is 200 million.

200 million in revenue subtract 40 million in salary costs equals 160 million pounds in profit.

That’s right: The United Kingdom earns 160 million pounds in profit, every year from the Royal Family.

So stop all your moaning about the Royal family and how much they cost and how worthless they are. The Royal Family is Great for Great Britain.

Doing the individual’s math again:

160 million pounds divided by 62 million people is about 2 pounds and 60 pence.

Because of the Royal Family, your taxes are actually 2 pounds and 60 pence cheaper each year than they would otherwise be.

But perhaps that’s not enough for you because you’re a real greedy geezer. Why not kick they royals out and keep 100% of the revenue.

Because it’s still their land. King George the crazy wasn’t crazy enough to give up everything, just the profits.

But it wasn’t only him: every Monarch since King George the third has voluntarily turned over the profits from their land to the United Kingdom. Again: Voluntarily.

If the government stopped paying the Royal Family’s living and state expenses the Royals would be forced to take back the profits from their land. And your taxes, dear Monarchy-haters, would go UP not DOWN.

Plus 160 million is just the easily measurable money the United Kingdom makes from the royal family.

London, South Bank, near City Hall and Tower Bridge between 12pm-5pm.

Media coverage lined up, speakers include Peter Tatchell and Joan Smith author and CBE refusenik. Queens boat expected to pass at 4pm.

Republic

This has WHAT to do with Sheffield Discussions?

Why would people want to deliberately cause trouble on what should be a nice day?

I do not buy into the whole queen thing and am not a supporter but i certainly would not want to ruin what could be a nice day out for other people.

I bet a lot of those people attending the protest where foaming at the mouth when the extreme Muslims where burning poppies at the soldiers coming home.

This is exactly the same and i honestly cannot understand why humans can't just live and let live..

The world is a confusing place sometimes :(

I think the problem is Lucy that there are so many people now in our Country who simply have nothing inc a roof over their head.

They see all the wealth of the royal family mostly unearned, Also that of the hangers on inc the Dukes and Duchesses of whatever and they think the system is so unfair Which of course it is.

I do not know the solution by the way but I watched a programme on telly the other day where ordinary Russian workers wished that the Soviet Union was still in existence as it seems that in their country the few now own all the wealth .

So it seems not much difference to our green and pleasant land.?

What a waste. That queen, living it off the government in her castles with her corgis. (and gin) Just how much does this cost to maintain?

That’s about 65 pence per person per year of tax money going to the royal family.

Sure, It’s still twenty-three pence short of a complete shield, but it might be more than you want to pay.

The story starts with this guy: King George the third, most well known as the monarch who lost the United States for the Empire.

Less well known – but far more interesting – is he likely suffered from a mental illness called Porphyria which has the unusual side effect of transforming your poop from it’s normal boring brown to a delightful shade of purple.

While he did own huge tracts of land, the profit from their rental was too small to cover his expenses.

He offered a deal to parliament: for the rest of his life he would surrender the profits from the rents on his land in exchange for getting a fixed annual salary and having his debts removed.

Parliament took him up on the deal, guessing that the profits from the rents would pay off long-term.

Just how well did parliament do? Back to the present, let’s compare their profits and losses by using a tenner to represent 10 million pounds.

200 million in revenue subtract 40 million in salary costs equals 160 million pounds in profit.

That’s right: The United Kingdom earns 160 million pounds in profit, every year from the Royal Family.

So stop all your moaning about the Royal family and how much they cost and how worthless they are. The Royal Family is Great for Great Britain.

Because of the Royal Family, your taxes are actually 2 pounds and 60 pence cheaper each year than they would otherwise be.

But perhaps that’s not enough for you because you’re a real greedy geezer. Why not kick they royals out and keep 100% of the revenue.

Because it’s still their land. King George the crazy wasn’t crazy enough to give up everything, just the profits.

But it wasn’t only him: every Monarch since King George the third has voluntarily turned over the profits from their land to the United Kingdom. Again: Voluntarily.

If the government stopped paying the Royal Family’s living and state expenses the Royals would be forced to take back the profits from their land. And your taxes, dear Monarchy-haters, would go UP not DOWN.

Plus 160 million is just the easily measurable money the United Kingdom makes from the royal family.

And back on planet earth........:hihi:

Hmm... then why can't I still even feel even the slightest urge to celebrate?

We the people own the land, I won't be celebrating these benefit scroungers. If the royals bring so much money in then why do they take money from the public. We should get them on commission, get pimping queeny!

Archived