Jubilee Protest Day

she's gave us two days off....and beer at 1952 prices...do for me...old lizzie

I approve of having the time off work as much as anyone but I'd much rather it was for something worth celebrating, Anyway we'll get some more bank holidays when she dies, so there's that to look forward too.

We're pompous? How? :huh::confused:

If we took all the money away from rich people and shared it about everybody'd get about a quid each, hardly worth it. It's the politics of envy by people with no talents and no aptitudes who think the world owes them a living, which seems to be endemic in this country. Too many Roundheads and never enough Cavaliers! :D

So if they shared out all the wealth the 60 million people in this country would only get a pound each.

Some footballers have got more than that.

I approve of having the time off work as much as anyone but I'd much rather it was for something worth celebrating, Anyway we'll get some more bank holidays when she dies, so there's that to look forward too.

You should tell her that in person, I'm sure she'd be very gracious.

... you're arguing against a completely ridiculous strawman of your own creation.
No, mate, you picked yourself in, and now you're arguing against something you made up in your own head, and I'm just humouring you. :hihi:

yes and we'll get some more when the next one comes along...never ending is it....mind you assad would make a good soveriegn...he knows how to deal with protesters...:hihi:

thats the thing, us the poor, the great unwashed argue and fight and hate against ourselves for the scraps while the rich (royals, mps, big business etc) rape the world around us taking more more and more while we starve :suspect:

yes but we are getting cheap beer and free food...:hihi:

people in this country have short memories, here's a gentle reminder, the vast majority of people in this country hated the royal family around Diana's death, they are still the same selfish family. good on you! who supports them. You can't see the wood for the trees. :loopy:

What would you celebrate instead ? In theory it should have been a lovely June day and we don't get enough bank holidays in the "summer".

I can take or leave the monarchy but if it gets people to suddenly want to have a party with their neighbours or wave a flag without attaching sporting or right wing political affiliations to it, I'm all for this weekend.

What would you celebrate instead ? In theory it should have been a lovely June day and we don't get enough bank holidays in the "summer".

I can take or leave the monarchy but if it gets people to suddenly want to have a party with their neighbours or wave a flag without attaching sporting or right wing political affiliations to it, I'm all for this weekend.

you know some people will actually cause problems with their neighbours?

getting beered up and using it as an excuse to blast out stupidly loud music all night / weekend

arent most bank holidays around / in spring / summer? then none after august till chrimble

Archived