Caravan and camping clubs are they o.k

We have just become the proud owners of a trailer tent.

My question is should we join a club I.E. Caravan and Camping club or the caravan club.

Are the site fees cheaper and is a trailer tent classed as a tent or a caravan.

What about insurance any advice appreciated.

You can get insurance via Compare the market, but i found the cheapest insurance is through the Caravan and camping club

Personally i'm a member of the caravan club (as i prefer their sites), tbh not sure i've ever seen a trailer tent on site so don't know what rules are around membership

Caravan and camping club definitely does accept trailer tents as members though.

TBH, there's little difference between the two anyway

I agree camping and caravan club definately accept tents.

Have you thought of joining an owners club?

They hold rallies and meets around the country.

Also there's a number of camping forums on the internet. They are good for help and advice, as well running meets for the members.

The Caravan Club sites are far superior to commercial ones and cheaper too,the shower blocks are spotless and warm they do insurance and breakdown cover at good rates.Also they offer cut price ferry crossings and you receive a monthly magazine full of all information you could need for your pastime camping at home or abroad.Our family drove across France down the Costa Brava in a VW beetle camping with a frame tent way back in the 70s,go for it you will enjoy no problem!.:D:):love:

The Caravan Club sites are far superior to commercial ones and cheaper too,the shower blocks are spotless and warm they do insurance and breakdown cover at good rates.Also they offer cut price ferry crossings and you receive a monthly magazine full of all information you could need for your pastime camping at home or abroad.Our family drove across France down the Costa Brava in a VW beetle camping with a frame tent way back in the 70s,go for it you will enjoy no problem!.:D:):love:

Cheers Tup We are now members and raring to go.

They certainly are not cheaper than the one we're on or indeed most independent sites, the facilities at the one near us are no better and the previous site which claimed to be was a lot worse but if you compare them with Haven sites then maybe they might be a bit cheaper

Archived