Removal of Velux Window

I know the glass section and its frame that tilts can be removed altogether by releasing the clips. This is something i am thinking of doing on a fine day to re-varnish the framework. But as it is quite a large window and i would imaigne it is quite heavy, is it designed to be removed from the inside or only from the outside as i do not want to drop it onto the roof.

the window can be removed from the inside as i remember--mine are 3ft sqr-and-as you say they are quite heavy and require a certain knack of getting them in /out---I dont know if it is possible to have 2 people do this .but it may be handy to have someone there---check out U tube there may be a clip which may help---best of luck

I know the glass section and its frame that tilts can be removed altogether by releasing the clips. This is something i am thinking of doing on a fine day to re-varnish the framework. But as it is quite a large window and i would imaigne it is quite heavy, is it designed to be removed from the inside or only from the outside as i do not want to drop it onto the roof.

As mentioned before if its a large velux its usually a two man job.

Its easier to remove from the inside.

Once the hinges are released hold the glass/frame vertical and lower inside.

(twisting slightly)

Archived