The Queen, God Bless Her

I think she'd probably not realised quite how over-emotional and mawkish some of the people of this country had become? Or how adept the media had become at manipulating public opinion into any form it desires at any given time.

This description fits perfectly with what we have witnessed this weekend, in particular the scenes I have just watched on the news, women screaming hysterically as the family processed down the Mall, not very edifying or dignified :roll:

Oh really, can you point us all to the polling station where you and the majority voted for Mr n Mrs Windsor which affords her and her runt the privileges you can only dream of?

Stop talking as an excuse for farting..you have no say, you never have and probably never will. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact we're lumbered with the parasites, but in all honesty they fail miserably in comparison to your type that fall around in fits (looks to see if the other plebs in earshot do also) of pseudo laughter when Queenie cracks a bit of humour.

You just remind me of the weakest part of the runt when it constantly has it's tail between its knees in surrender.

You'll no doubt carry the thread on in that smug 'hey we have them so I gotta be right' as proof we NEED them. Wrong!

We dont need them but we are better of with them. Why do we have to be the same as other countries.

God save the Queen

I think she'd probably not realised quite how over-emotional and mawkish some of the people of this country had become? Or how adept the media had become at manipulating public opinion into any form it desires at any given time.

This description fits perfectly with what we have witnessed this weekend, in particular the scenes I have just watched on the news, women screaming hysterically as the family processed down the Mall, not very edifying or dignified :roll:

What would make you scream hysterically? Who would you stand on the Mall to watch?

We dont need them but we are better of with them. Why do we have to be the same as other countries.

God save the Queen

Do you really think that appealing to God to save the Queen at every verse end is relevant anymore or is it just outdated and silly. It's only a question for debate, not a treasonable utterance.:)

You have just returned from London and you ask me that?

Didn't you mingle with the masses while there,that camp out in the cold and rain in the hope of catching a glimpse of the Queen.

I watched the masses of people on the mall today waiting to see the Queen appear on the balcony,cheering and singing Land of hope and Glory,I got really soppy.It makes me so proud to be British.

I was there to protest and annoy the royalists, bot to see the Queen although I wouldn't have looked away if I could have seen it. I probably would have shouted a few 'anti' comments though.

But why the emotion? If you were born Greek you would probably be proud to be Greek, ditto American. You are what you are. Why the need to make such a song and dance about it? To compensate for our missing Empire, that England never win anything at football, that we are no longer Great? Because you don't have any other attributes to feel good about? I don't get it.

May I point out that rainbow seems to have somehow mucked up her tags, and attributed her own comments to me.

Give me a break I am in bed with a virus and my brain is a bit addled, but this thread is taking my mind off what I am beginning to think it the s*****g plague. So I am not sure what I've done wrong but I am sure you get my drift:huh:

She's from the duty, putting on a brave front and stiff upper lip generation.

Most of the rest of us were astounded by the reaction as well. A tragedy for her children and family but well over the top for everyone else.

Absolutely spot on.

I never forget that week. All those thousands and thousand weaping and screaming over the loss of someone they never knew, never spoke to and knew nothing about.

The papers full of the "emotional outpouring" of the public. Comments and opinion from members of the public who knew nothing about her and her lifestyle.

Disgraceful rants and raves about the royals and their lack of public support, lack of visability, not getting out and meeting their people etc....etc...

- personally in my opinion why the hell should have done? They were trying to console and protect two children who had just lost their mother in a terrible accident. It was none of our business what they should have been doing at the time.

Of course lets not forget the money aspect of this supposedly tragic event. Picture after picture of diana alive, diana dead, diana in the wreckage being sold for thousands. The tribute newspapers, magazines, journals, glossy photo albums, commemerative trinkets, coins, plates All being lapped up by the faux upset people - most likely now stuck in a cupboard somewhere or flogged on ebay.

Out of touch my backside.

The queen was bullied into reacting the way she did. She had no choice.

If it was me in those circumstances I would have not allowed the media circus to sway my decision no matter how many hystericals were screaming thorugh the palace gates.

Archived