The Queen, God Bless Her

I think she'd probably not realised quite how over-emotional and mawkish some of the people of this country had become? Or how adept the media had become at manipulating public opinion into any form it desires at any given time.

This description fits perfectly with what we have witnessed this weekend, in particular the scenes I have just watched on the news, women screaming hysterically as the family processed down the Mall, not very edifying or dignified :roll:

Give me a break I am in bed with a virus and my brain is a bit addled, but this thread is taking my mind off what I am beginning to think it the s*****g plague. So I am not sure what I've done wrong but I am sure you get my drift:huh:

Is that better, listen girl I am taking some serious medication 'Beechams with Honey' :P is it any wonder I pressed the wrong button :help:

This was my bit

Originally Posted by rubydazzler

I think she'd probably not realised quite how over-emotional and mawkish some of the people of this country had become? Or how adept the media had become at manipulating public opinion into any form it desires at any given time.

this was your bit

This description fits perfectly with what we have witnessed this weekend, in particular the scenes I have just watched on the news, women screaming hysterically as the family processed down the Mall, not very edifying or dignified

Originally Posted by rainbow2411

Give me a break I am in bed with a virus and my brain is a bit addled, but this thread is taking my mind off what I am beginning to think it the s*****g plague. So I am not sure what I've done wrong but I am sure you get my drift

What you did wrong was delete the [ /quote ] box when you deleted some of my post. Then every quote after that quotes the previous poster, not the relevant one.

Is that better, listen girl I am taking some serious medication 'Beechams with Honey' :P is it any wonder I pressed the wrong button :help:
Now you know you won't do it again, will you? :)

I was there to protest and annoy the royalists, bot to see the Queen although I wouldn't have looked away if I could have seen it. I probably would have shouted a few 'anti' comments though.

But why the emotion? If you were born Greek you would probably be proud to be Greek, ditto American. You are what you are. Why the need to make such a song and dance about it? To compensate for our missing Empire, that England never win anything at football, that we are no longer Great? Because you don't have any other attributes to feel good about? I don't get it.

Its just the way people are the emotion thing i mean, yes its the same with sporting events when the country is competing in a major sport isn't it,people get emotional and patriotic then.

I think when you mention the empire you are equating those emotions with the wrongs of our past history,and perhaps even comparing patriotism with tendancies that border on xenophobia.i know some people feel that way,but it doesn't have to be like that.That would be a form of extremism.

This was my bit this was your bit

What you did wrong was delete the [ /quote ] box when you deleted some of my post. Then every quote after that quotes the previous poster, not the relevant one.

Now you know you won't do it again, will you? :)

Oh god my drug addled sleep deprived brain is about to explode, but all is not lost my OH has been to our local dealer(Sainsburys) and got me some NightNurse which should render me unconscious and after a good nights sleep I will be able to understand everything you have just posted.

Oh god my drug addled sleep deprived brain is about to explode, but all is not lost my OH has been to our local dealer(Sainsburys) and got me some NightNurse which should render me unconscious and after a good nights sleep I will be able to understand everything you have just posted.
I'm so glad that people can't spread their germs over t'internet. I bet you're the sort of person that goes to work dying and infects everyone else. Why not just take your medicine and go to bed?

I'm getting a bit worried about you,are you sure you're OK :suspect:

I'm so glad that people can't spread their germs over t'internet. I bet you're the sort of person that goes to work dying and infects everyone else. Why not just take your medicine and go to bed?

That is very peevish, are you having a bad day

I'm getting a bit worried about you,are you sure you're OK :suspect:

I will be so much better tomorrow when the NightNurse does it's stuff (hopefully) :(

Its just the way people are the emotion thing i mean, yes its the same with sporting events when the country is competing in a major sport isn't it,people get emotional and patriotic then.

I think when you mention the empire you are equating those emotions with the wrongs of our past history,and perhaps even comparing patriotism with tendancies that border on xenophobia.i know some people feel that way,but it doesn't have to be like that.That would be a form of extremism.

I think there is some element of transference going on when people get emotional about things pertaining to Nationalism. I wonder if anyone has done any studies on the phenomenon?

You really are nasty to me and I am really a nice retired Nanna who has been in bed since Saturday so that I didn't infect my OH who is off on one of his jaunt this week, he's taken to the spare room because I am coughing all b****y night, if he could I think he'd slide my food under the door to avoid contamination he would.
It's not just you, I'm nasty to everyone on here. :D

I was nice to you just now, explaining about the tags! Be fair, you can't expect sympathy as well.

You really are nasty to me and I am really a nice retired Nanna who has been in bed since Saturday so that I didn't infect my OH who is off on one of his jaunt this week, he's taken to the spare room because I am coughing all b****y night, if he could I think he'd slide my food under the door to avoid contamination he would.

I will be so much better tomorrow when the NightNurse does it's stuff (hopefully) :(

You're a Nanna! i thought you sounded a bit too young.:hihi: Sorry.

Hope you feel better in the morning.

Archived