What makes you feel more proud to be British?

What makes you feel more proud to be British?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you feel more proud to be British?

• The Queen
    • The Sex Pistols.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/2012/jun/03/more-proud-british-queen-or-sex-pistols

What makes you feel more proud to be British: the Queen or the Sex Pistols?

As the Queen celebrates her diamond jubilee, part of the country will be keener to commemorate the Sex Pistols' 'God Save the Queen', released at the height of the silver jubilee. Is Elizabeth's wave or Johnny Rotten's vocals more likely to bring out the patriot in you?

sadly not much these days.

What would make you feel proud to be British?

To give a politician's answer; both The Queen and The Sex Pistols prod my "pride" button. We live in a country where we don't try to chop everyone's head off for the misfortune of birth, and we don't shoot people who write songs.

There's always something good, somewhere.

What makes you feel more proud to be British? - sadly not much these days.

Angel.

Why do people have a need to be proud? Do they have a void bit in their head that needs "proud" filling?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/2012/jun/03/more-proud-british-queen-or-sex-pistols

What makes you feel more proud to be British: the Queen or the Sex Pistols?

As the Queen celebrates her diamond jubilee, part of the country will be keener to commemorate the Sex Pistols' 'God Save the Queen', released at the height of the silver jubilee. Is Elizabeth's wave or Johnny Rotten's vocals more likely to bring out the patriot in you?

I wonder if the BBC's decision to put out a series of programmes entitled 'Punk Brittania' in the middle of the diamond jubilee is coincidence or on purpose?

Some of the BBC's output is something that makes me proud to be British.

Jonny just want's me to get the heroin out, don't think anyone needs to be British to do that?

really?

i dont think hes ever done smack or advocated it, one of his bestmates was sid vicious before he discovered nancy spungen and afterwards heroin, it completely destroyed sid

John always admitted sid was a good friendly lad before the drugs but easily led

Archived