What makes you feel more proud to be British?

What makes you feel more proud to be British?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you feel more proud to be British?

• The Queen
    • The Sex Pistols.

What bit I saw of it, it looked fantastic, Land of Hope and Glory was a real tear jerker, wish I had been there .

Me too.

I am shocked to see absolutely no sign of anything to show recognition of the Jubilee on this Forum though, not even a Union Jack in the banner :(

Im sure that its the little things that make the difference in everything and one of the reasons why there is no national pride is down to the apathy of the citizens of this Great country.

Cmon, Royalist or Republican views we are all British and this Jubilee should be celebrated where ever we can :)

God save our gracious Queen,

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us,

God save the Queen!

O lord God arise,

Scatter our enemies,

And make them fall!

Confound their knavish tricks,

Confuse their politics,

On you our hopes we fix,

God save the Queen!

:hihi:

I lived through the punk era and it was a load of crap music spitting and shouting, people walking about with safety pins through there nose and pink spiky hair, I'm certainly not proud of the sex pistols how anyone can compare them idiots with the Queen beets me, I feel proud to be British our nation has a lot to be proud of we live in the greatest free democracy in the world' I've travelled the word and seen how other country's carry on, we might not be perfect but we are lucky to live and be born in this country,I'm not a fan of the monarchy but I can not think of anything better to take the place of our present system I don't fancy living under any other kind of government systems.

Me too.

I am shocked to see absolutely no sign of anything to show recognition of the Jubilee on this Forum though, not even a Union Jack in the banner :(

Im sure that its the little things that make the difference in everything and one of the reasons why there is no national pride is down to the apathy of the citizens of this Great country.

Cmon, Royalist or Republican views we are all British and this Jubilee should be celebrated where ever we can :)

Bang on. This is Britain's year. The Jubillee, the Olympics, the eyes of the world on you all.

Britain would be a sad place without all the pageantry and the monarchy

Republicanism works perfectly in a country as diverse in cultures and people such as in the USA but it has no place in Britain.

Those cheering crowds, the servicemen and women and the singers on the boat braving the rain are a credit to the country and put the whingers to shame

In any other country the bad weather would have caused the show to be cancelled. Tough people the Brits

Archived