What makes you feel more proud to be British?

What makes you feel more proud to be British?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you feel more proud to be British?

• The Queen
    • The Sex Pistols.

Yes - I did say...... you can **** off abroad..... BUT I said it in the context of you can just as easily be born here and hate it just as much as you could be born here and love it. I said nothing personally attacking YOU and nothing personally directed at YOU. Just a general example in context to you earlier comments.

Now for god sake chill out and take part in the debate rather than throwing insults about like a child.

I think you'll find the insults personnel or indirect were started by yourself...so less of the patronizing crap daddy.

possibly the best thing about the UK is the police service. There are not many police forces in the world that would spend almost a million pounds trying to solve the murder of a young African lad, the 'Adam', that was found floating in the Thames minus his head, and arms and legs, in 2001.

most forces, if they couldn't identify the boy and were certain he was a foreigner, only they were getting no diplomatic pressure from anywhere to investigate, would have just closed the case in a few weeks.

possibly the best thing about the UK is the police service. There are not many police forces in the world that would spend almost a million pounds trying to solve the murder of a young African lad, the 'Adam', that was found floating in the Thames minus his head, and arms and legs, in 2001.

most forces, if they couldn't identify the boy and were certain he was a foreigner, only they were getting no diplomatic pressure from anywhere to investigate, would have just closed the case in a few weeks.

Could also be seen as a complete waste of time and money.

Oooh calm down dear. God who rattled your scrotum.

All im saying is that just because you are accidently coughed up somewhere doesn't mean that you can't also take pride in it.

Yes, I admit the stork happened to drop me off in Sheffield, England.

But over the years I have lived here I have developed a sense of pride of what the country is and does. Compared to many other countries in the world I think we are great. I am proud of what we have achieved past and present, proud of our current and past culture. What's so wrong with that.

Proud of our past??

Proud that we invaded most of the planet, raped, killed & enslaved everyone we encountered??

England has a rotten past, one that should be forgotten, nor remembered.

Proud of our past??

Proud that we invaded most of the planet, raped, killed & enslaved everyone we encountered??

you have to know and remember the past so as not to repeat it

Proud of our past??

Utter narrow minded garbage, that was the way of the world back then, it should not be forgotten, it's part of history regardless of you liking it or not, people have learnt from the past, look how civilised a nation we have now, where do you think we would be had that history not occurred :huh:

Archived