What makes you feel more proud to be British?

What makes you feel more proud to be British?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What makes you feel more proud to be British?

• The Queen
    • The Sex Pistols.

We were the most vicious ruthless nation of them all in the past we did not give anyone a chance if they opposed us, we annihilated and subdued countries in the name of empire and greed for wealth with out a second thought, this country was the richest and powerfullest country the world has ever seen at one time, crazy when you see us now,all the problems in the middle east are what we left behind all the maps and boundaries in the middle east and Africa we made, I don't think there is a country in the world that we have not interfered with at some time,most of the worlds important inventions we invented,there are a lot of things to be proud of to be British there is a lot of things to be ashamed of as well in the past,for a quirky little island off the cost of Europe we have mostly managed independently to influence the world with our language sport inventions and laws our Queen is loved and respected through out the world we should be proud of our heritage and history our country is the envy of the world.

what utter rubbish

they would not even have roads if it was not for us.

All them countries had a long established civilization thousands of years before we went there, we only built roads and railways there so we could move our army's faster,are you proud of what happened in India when millions of people died of starvation and famine while we were in charge, and not to mention partition when we moved out and drew a map up that divided a nation the repercussions of what we are reaping now for our interference in them countries,don't get me wrong I am very proud to be British all I am trying to point out is our history is not snow white.

All them countries had a long established civilization thousands of years before we went there, we only built roads and railways there so we could move our army's faster,are you proud of what happened in India when millions of people died of starvation and famine while we were in charge, and not to mention partition when we moved out and drew a map up that divided a nation the repercussions of what we are reaping now for our interference in them countries,don't get me wrong I am very proud to be British all I am trying to point out is our history is not snow white.

We did more good than bad

way more good than bad, Shogun clearly has never been anywhere, with a pair of open eyes. Swallowed stupid Marxist doctrine with mother's milk probably. Not for the first time, I don't know whether to blame Marx, or Marx's mother's milk. I'll probably end up blaming neither. Both are irelevant in the modern world.

way more good than bad, Shogun clearly has never been anywhere, with a pair of open eyes. Swallowed stupid Marxist doctrine with mother's milk probably. Not for the first time, I don't know whether to blame Marx, or Marx's mother's milk. I'll probably end up blaming neither. Both are irelevant in the modern world.[/quote

Your making assumptions I happen to be very traveled I actually was born in New Zealand and spent most of my younger life travelling and not to mention 22 years in the army I've lived in some of these places in the past that we were supposed to have made better ask them about it and you get a different perspective on things and life Marxist what has that got to do with it .

Archived