Wonga? Be Warned!

Is now a good time to turn to community-run co-operatives , locally-run and not for profit .

How do you afford to lend money not for profit? What do you do when people refuse to pay the money back? There's a reason companies like Wonga exist. If they are banned, you just give criminals another means to make money. And for all the criticism against them, Wonga never broke anyones legs for being late on payment.

Usurious scum.

We need anti usury laws and the likes of Beecroft should be locked up.

Woh there, I agree with you 99% of the time, but nobody including Wonga.com is holding a gun against peoples' heads are they?

In an ideal world the local credit union would be the main source for loans but people aren't aware of them.

Woh there, I agree with you 99% of the time, but nobody including Wonga.com is holding a gun against peoples' heads are they?

In an ideal world the local credit union would be the main source for loans but people aren't aware of them.

That is not the point. The point is if they lend you money, they can at least have the decency to have a good customer service policy, where one can speak to someone if need be. They cannot do something as simple as that, apart from lend you money and wo betide if u fail to pay them back in time.

You cannot for the life of you get to speak to them. What kind of decent company runs itself in that way? Steer clear of them I say, if you haven't already been suckered.

Also, I am not at all happy that I am not allowed to cancel my online account with them, Why not? They can still keep records!!!

That is not the point. The point is if they lend you money, they can at least have the decency to have a good customer service policy, where one can speak to someone if need be. They cannot do something as simple as that, apart from lend you money and wo betide if u fail to pay them back in time.

BUT you cannot for the life of you get to speak to them. What kind of decent company runs itself in that way? Steer clear of them I say, if you haven't already been suckered.

Well isn't that how it works? Companies/business models that aren't very good will eventually fail (unless they're bailed out of course... ahem)? You as a consumer are free to choose are you not?

Well isn't that how it works? Companies/business models that aren't very good will eventually fail (unless they're bailed out of course... ahem)? You as a consumer are free to choose are you not?

I am and as much as I chose to borrow from them, I surely have a right also to choose to cancel, which I am being prevented from doing. My online account will now be active for at least six years and that surely is not right, if I don't wish to use their services anymore.

Archived