Unemployed bussed in to steward river pageant

There's a train of thought on twitter suggesting that the comments are farmed and little to do with the guardian. I suppose the truth will out before long though. I suspect that elements of truth exist but as ever and especially with such a high profile spectacle that there has been some fabrication. It's always inviting to highlight the differences between the very wealthy and the not so.

Latest from the Guardian, they seem to be running with the story-

"The firm, Close Protection UK (CPUK), has issued "sincere apologies" for what it called the "London Bridge incident", but insisted that it had not been exploiting individuals but providing work experience.

Up to 30 jobseekers and another 50 people on apprentice wages were taken to London by coach from Bristol, Bath and Plymouth on Saturday before the pageant on Sunday as part of the government's work programme."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich View Post

2 things:

I do not live in London, and despite the rantings of the Daily Fail readers on here, I am entitled to every penny the government gives me, as I have disabilities which according to government Doctors, render me too disabled to work.

If you read the story these people were bussed in from the south west as far as Plymouth

"The firm, Close Protection UK (CPUK), has issued "sincere apologies" for what it called the "London Bridge incident", but insisted that it had not been exploiting individuals but providing work experience.

Up to 30 jobseekers and another 50 people on apprentice wages were taken to London by coach from Bristol, Bath and Plymouth on Saturday before the pageant on Sunday as part of the government's work programme."

Time will tell then

More on this story can be found here: http://eddiegillard.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/queen-put-at-risk-by-workfare-provider/

Written by one of the brother of one of the 'apprentices'.

Queen put at risk my arse - they were there to marshall the event, not protect the Queen :roll:

As the author of thearticle makes clear further down:

"People matter, doesn’t get the same response tho unless it has Queen , risk, threat in the tags for security services to pic up on.. Yes it would have been more appropriate to Title it People at risk, but now it will at least be made public and catch the attention of those who care when it suits them".

Let's face it, Eddie Gillard (the writer) is only doing what many Editors do on national newspapers - to get people's attention. And if it worked in getting the attention of the Guardian to write about horrible injustice then it's worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich View Post

2 things:

I do not live in London, and despite the rantings of the Daily Fail readers on here, I am entitled to every penny the government gives me, as I have disabilities which according to government Doctors, render me too disabled to work.

If you read the story these people were bussed in from the south west as far as Plymouth

Sorry don't get your point, I wrote nothing about the people being bussed in, I know where they came from (I learnt to read at 4, been doing it almost 50 years now). I am not the person who wrote the quote concerning them being disabled above, my post is in reference to the CHEAP shot that someone made against said disabled person.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry don't get your point, I wrote nothing about the people being bussed in, I know where they came from (I learnt to read at 4, been doing it almost 50 years now). I am not the person who wrote the quote concerning them being disabled above, my post is in reference to the CHEAP shot that someone made against said disabled person.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh for goodness sake get a grip, so I got the wrong poster, I wasn't being facetious, I was only pointing out the facts.

Archived