Unemployed bussed in to steward river pageant

*Rent land*.

Rent it from the people; land value tax & citizens incomes.

By the nature of the tax, everybody would have an entitlement to a small parcel of land.

The size of that parcel would depend upon population. Higher population - smaller parcel of land.

So every time someone is born the land as to be redistributed so everyone gets a slightly smaller parcel of land, then when someone dies it’s done again. Would it be a tad chaotic and what happens if I’ve built on my land then i have to give some away.

So every time someone is born the land as to be redistributed so everyone gets a slightly smaller parcel of land, then when someone dies it’s done again. Would it be a tad chaotic and what happens if I’ve built on my land then i have to give some away.

You don't do it like that.

The price of the land is not fixed, but the tax is a proportion of its value, and the proceeds of the tax are divided by population and given to each man woman and child accordingly. If population increases, land taxes will have to rise so that the land is shared more efficiently - supply and demand. If population decreases, the tax would fall somewhat as land became more plentiful.

So where's a Moderator when you need one , to say "Keep on Thread" ?????

Guardian seems to be doing a reasonable job of keeping this story alive Just read the daily fail with a red biro in your hand to highlight all their "divide n conquer" non-news , you might just surprise yourself !

I am absolutely disgusted to learn about this. As another poster said, "Britons never ever ever shall be slaves". Too late.

I would be disgusted to read about this happening in one of the world's known oppressive regimes but to discover it is happening in my country I am ashamed.

You don't do it like that.

The price of the land is not fixed, but the tax is a proportion of its value, and the proceeds of the tax are divided by population and given to each man woman and child accordingly. If population increases, land taxes will have to rise so that the land is shared more efficiently - supply and demand. If population decreases, the tax would fall somewhat as land became more plentiful.

Would it still be divided into residential, industrial, farm land and common land, or would the tax be the same on it all regardless of its use.

Would it still be divided into residential, industrial, farm land and common land, or would the tax be the same on it all regardless of its use.

Either way would be better than the current situation. We can sort out these technicalities once we've got rid of the CAP & convinced more people that a land tax is a good idea.

Archived