Unemployed bussed in to steward river pageant

You did it & enjoyed it then? Thought it was valuable experience? Looking forward to the Olympics?

I've done lots of voluntary work and some even included sleeping in a tent. Well done the people that volunteered.

You did it & enjoyed it then? Thought it was valuable experience? Looking forward to the Olympics?

Actually, I have changed my mind on this, If this company has used these people for free, and has then charged the organisers for them its fraud.

I can understand work experience, but the more I read and hear the unemployed people have been abused and the organisers conned.

I assume arrests are imminent?

I've done lots of voluntary work and some even included sleeping in a tent. Well done the people that volunteered.

Did you miss the part about them being scared of losing benefits if they didn't do it? Read the article again. They weren't volunteers, it was forced unpaid labour, aka slavery. The difference between that & volunteering, is they were coerced, they didn't volunteer for it.

Did you miss the part about them being scared of losing benefits if they didn't do it? Read the article again. They weren't volunteers, it was forced unpaid labour, aka slavery. The difference between that & volunteering, is they were coerced, they didn't volunteer for it.

Oh the horror, they volunteered because they thought they would lose their free money, don’t most people volunteer to work because they fear not being able to keep a roof over their heads or feed their kids. Very few people go to work because they want to, they go because they need to.

Oh the horror, they volunteered because they thought they would lose their free money, don’t most people volunteer to work because they fear not being able to keep a roof over their heads or feed their kids. Very few people go to work because they want to, they go because they need to.

It's not volunteering if you lose your home & the minimum amount that the law says you need to survive if you don't 'volunteer'. You usually get to choose what job you do, at least to some degree & you wont be made homeless or starve if you lose your job, because of benefits, unless of course you refuse to do the forced unpaid labour they make you do now.

Volunteer

noun

person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task

Slave

noun

(especially in the past) a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them: he killed the natives or turned them into slaves

See the difference yet? It's not a free choice to volunteer for something if the alternative is that you & your family are made homeless beggars.

It's not volunteering if you lose your home & the minimum amount that the law says you need to survive if you don't 'volunteer'.

Volunteer

noun

person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task:

They did freely take part and could have not volunteered, and according to the link only two of them complained and the company spent up to £220 on sponsoring security training licences for each participant and that boots and combat trousers cost more than £100, so they did get something out of it.

But quite frankly the unemployed should loose benefits if they refuse to take part in work experience, but they still would have a choice.

They did freely take part and could have not volunteered, and according to the link only two of them complained and the company spent up to £220 on sponsoring security training licences for each participant and that boots and combat trousers cost more than £100, so they did get something out of it.

But quite frankly the unemployed should loose benefits if they refuse to take part in work experience, but they still would have a choice.

Yeah, I was listening to this on Radio 4 this morning, it's not like they got nothing out of it, they got an SIA license that's good for 3 years and lets them get work now doing similar security roles.

Just like slaves in the old days had a choice, they could do as they were told or die.

Quite frankly we should have full employment & people should be paid decently for the jobs they do. Unemployment is only a problem because the politicians have engineered it that way in the last 30 years, to keep wages artificially low so that the rich can make more money at the expense of everybody else. This is just the next stage of turning us all into slaves.

Archived