Unemployed bussed in to steward river pageant

2 things:

I do not live in London, and despite the rantings of the Daily Fail readers on here, I am entitled to every penny the government gives me, as I have disabilities which according to government Doctors, render me too disabled to work.

Do you see?

You are not too disabled to type, get an office job.

do you know what?

ive done all this in my time

ive done the schemes

and had the help

ive done the training

done voluntary work

and you know what

they dont actually class it as work in the real world, your still unemployed, it doesnt help you at all

So your solution is what?

maybe a lot of em are looking for work, dying to work and couldve done with "real" paid work instead of being humiliated with a charade?

And maybe they are not, as i said earlier , they can now add the experience to thier CV and they are another step on their way to thier NVQ.

Well done, ignore the whingers.

Too many young people today think they are entitled to good jobs straight out of school and when they realise that they have to put some hard graft in and start at the bottom, just aren't interested and prefer to remain on benefits. Thankfully the coalition government is trying to put and end to this, hence all the bleating by the Guardian and other leftist idiots.

And maybe they are not, as i said earlier , they can now add the experience to thier CV and they are another step on their way to thier NVQ.

Well done, ignore the whingers.

Why are you supporting the indefensible? Even the company concerned is launching an enquiry.

I suppose you considered children going up chimneys in 18th century England as valuable work experience, and consider those who sought to outlaw it as politically correct, health and safety mad do gooders :roll:

Giving the unemployed the opportunity to pay back something to the society that supports them isn’t slavery or in any way a bad thing.

They should consider themselves grateful to be given such an opportunity; they could always refuse to help the society that supports them and refuse to accept support from society. But to accept support whilst refusing to to help the society that supports them would make them closer to parasites than people.

From the link it would appear they didn't have to do it and they wouldn't have lost their benefits, so well done all those that for volunteered.

So if we make the unemployed work for their dole.

Why don't we make;

Pensioners work for state pension.

Children work for child tax credit.

Pensioners work extra for pension credit.

Children work for child benefit.

Disabled work for DLA.

Housebuyers work for SMI.

Landlords work for housing benefit.

2 things:

None of these people live in London, they were bussed in from other cities.

I am not disputing your entitlement to any benefits, neither am I disputing the entitlement of any of the persons involved. I am merely asking a question of you. I shall ask again:

Would you have been happy to do this for just your benefit money Rich?

Do you see?

Rich does voluntary work that benefits the community and would cost the tax payer if he didn’t do it.

Why are you supporting the indefensible? Even the company concerned is launching an enquiry.

I suppose you considered children going up chimneys in 18th century England as valuable work experience, and consider those who sought to outlaw it as politically correct, health and safety mad do gooders :roll:

Somebody had the clean the chimneys.

Rich does voluntary work that benefits the community and would cost the tax payer if he didn’t do it.

All very honourable but I fail to see what that has to do with my question.

Archived