Is the Council rent telephone payment service down over the weekend?

I use the councils telephone service to pay the rent, but since Friday I've had no joy with it, an automated voice message says that "the owner of this mailbox is not accepting messages at this time"; Is it because of the bank holiday weekend? will it be back to normal tomorrow?

Since they say ...

"..........

You can also call the Automated Payment Line on 0114 273 5249 (choose option 2 when prompted), seven days a week, 365 days a year. You will need your 14 digit rent reference number to make the payment

........"

... it's probably buggered and with everyone off on the bunting fest, it will have to wait until tomorrow before anyone will sort it.

Since they say ...

"..........

You can also call the Automated Payment Line on 0114 273 5249 (choose option 2 when prompted), seven days a week, 365 days a year. You will need your 14 digit rent reference number to make the payment

........"

... it's probably buggered and with everyone off on the bunting fest, it will have to wait until tomorrow before anyone will sort it.

That is the number I use. When I do finally pay it, no doubt it will go down as a late payment by me. :roll:

Spend it all on beer and lament them for not letting you pay direct in cash.

The beer is practically all tax, so you have paid their wages anyhow as they are public sector. You just sent the money to the wrong department and incurred a handling fee (the few pence for the cost of the beer).

Sorted.

Archived