Muslims Slaughter "Apostate" in Tunisia

Being baptised a Christian does not make what you do a Christian act.

No doubt the Yorkshire Ripper was baptised a Christian but did he murder in the name of Christianity?

He thought he did. His defence was that he was told to do what he did by god, the voices coming from the headstone of a grave.

i don't know, i'm not in a position to tell someone else what texts they should use to make up their faith from, there are questionable buddhist texts (from my point of view) but they make up a large part of what we in the west call 'buddhism'.

I think the hadith and sunnah have to be considered more carefully than they are, i'm not familiar with all of the vast body of work that makes up these texts but there seems to be alot of scholars fighting amongst themselves to try to authenticate certain texts because they match what the respective scholar wants islam to be.

I think there should be (and can be) a quite simple test for alot of dodgy texts though, if it disagrees with the quran, no matter how authentic it may be, it shouldn't be used to override the quran.

Islam has a quite well developed 'code of conduct' as far as war goes, many christians brought those codes back with them after the crusades and it is these that are partially responsible for the idea of chivalry.

One thing is certain, these idiots who go out and mutilate bodies and murder people in the name of islam are not acting in accordance with those codes of conduct, saladin was highly thought of by his christian enemies during the crusades. I'm not justifying war, i don't agree with it, i'm just putting things into context.

Interestingly i once met a muslim at an interfaith forum who didn't accept the hadith or sunnah in any way. He was lovely, and really, really humble. I don't know if muslims should drop the hadith and sunnah, but it seems those that do lead much simpler, happier lives.

Btw, sorry for the length of the post :blush:

you just helped me understand islam just a little better, for the better. Good post. Two thumbs up.

THIS is interesting.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,995072-2,00.html

So if Islam put to one side the Hadiths and Sharia, IT WOULD BECOME PURE ISLAM?

I don't think you CAN have pure Islam or Christianity, the texts and customs have been so many times over the ages I doubt anybody knows for sure what's pure Islam/Christianity and what's not.

you just helped me understand islam just a little better, for the better. Good post. Two thumbs up.

That's all I try to do on here. I'm often accused of being a Muslim apologist but there are many things in Islam I disagree with.

I study religious scripture, and I am a religious practioner, therefore I have a reasonable grasp of religion as a whole. I have no problem with people disagreeing with religion, as long as they do it in context and with reason, rather than just saying 'X religious group is evil'.

Thankyou for the acknowledgement, you have just helped me respect you a little more through your humbleness :thumbsup:

I don't think you CAN have pure Islam or Christianity, the texts and customs have been so many times over the ages I doubt anybody knows for sure what's pure Islam/Christianity and what's not.

Agreed but you can certainly go a long way to differentiating between the authentic and inauthentic, even by simple cross referencing. Alas this, especially in the implementation of Shariah law, is often lacking.

Why is Islam 600 years behind Christianity though? Islam being 600 years newer than Christianity, it should be 600 years ahead.

Do you have any evidence that Christianity is 600 years ahead of Islam or do you think that if you keep repeating it it will somehow make it true? If you want to see how progressive English nationalism and Christianity are have a look at these EDL members sieg heiling and throwing fireworks about. Very advanced. http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/22064

Do you have any evidence that Christianity is 600 years ahead of Islam or do you think that if you keep repeating it it will somehow make it true? If you want to see how progressive English nationalism and Christianity are have a look at these EDL members sieg heiling and throwing fireworks about. Very advanced. http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/22064

Did you actually read the opening post? Fireworks on one side, heads sliced off on the other:confused:

He thought he did. His defence was that he was told to do what he did by god, the voices coming from the headstone of a grave.

And of course the fact that they were trying to get him found insane so he didnt have to stand trial had no bearing on his alleged voices.

Do you actually believe that the actions of a few ,basically,football hooligans can stand in comparison with atrocities committed by Muslims in recent times ? .....Unbelievable

Archived