Muslims Slaughter "Apostate" in Tunisia

A video was shown on Egyptian tv of a beheading of an Apostate in Tunisia (in this instance,for the crime of converting to Christianity and refusing to renounce it.) Sentenced to death and executed for changing faith.

It wasn`t shown for the glory but by the host who was visibly distraught (it is one of the worst things i have ever seen on the internet if not the worst) .

Tawfiq Okasha, the host, asks: "Is this Islam?

Does Islam call for this? How is Islam related to this matter?...These

are the images that are disseminated throughout the electronic media in

Europe and America…. Can you imagine?"

Then, in reference to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood and Salafis, whose political influence has grown tremendously, he asks, "How are such people supposed to govern?"

Only the other day, a prominent Egyptian Salafi leader -- referring

to the canonical hadiths, including Muhammad's command, "Whoever leaves

his religion, kill him"

Historically Christianity has probably done the same or worse but when are the religious leaders going to change the text of Koran to stop 3rd world religious savages committing horrific acts like this because a book tells them to.

Obviously the majority of real Muslims will be as horrified as the rest of the world.

I will never go to Tunisia for a holiday.

Still waiting for them to come and tell us of their horror.

I'm not 100% sure (I would have to check on this) but I'm not sure if converting to Christianity constitutes renouncing Islam. Christians are considered people of the book and part of the Islamic 'extended family', technically this means that they aren't unbelievers. Like I say I will have to check the details. Regardless this is horrific and the people responsible should be brought to account.

This is a quote from the place i saw it so i couldn`t say how truthful it was...

"Egyptian Salafi leader -- referring to the canonical hadiths, including Muhammad's command, "Whoever leaves

his religion, kill him" -- openly stated that no Muslim has the right to apostatize, or leave Islam.Any number of Islamic legal manuals make explicitly clear that apostasy is a capital crime, punishable by death. The first "righteous caliph," a model of Muslim piety, had tens of thousands of former

Muslims slaughtered—including by burning, beheading, and crucifixion—simply because they tried to break away from Islam.

According to the Encyclopaedia of Islam, the most authoritative

reference work on Islam in the English language, "there is unanimity

that the male apostate must be put to death."

There are extremists on all sides and i`m quite sure most Muslims will condemn this immediately.

This is a quote from the place i saw it so i couldn`t say how truthful it was...

"Egyptian Salafi leader -- referring to the canonical hadiths, including Muhammad's command, "Whoever leaves

his religion, kill him" -- openly stated that no Muslim has the right to apostatize, or leave Islam.Any number of Islamic legal manuals make explicitly clear that apostasy is a capital crime, punishable by death. The first "righteous caliph," a model of Muslim piety, had tens of thousands of former

Muslims slaughtered—including by burning, beheading, and crucifixion—simply because they tried to break away from Islam.

According to the Encyclopaedia of Islam, the most authoritative

reference work on Islam in the English language, "there is unanimity

that the male apostate must be put to death."

There are extremists on all sides and i`m quite sure most Muslims will condemn this immediately.

Apostasy is one of those difficult Islamic areas that are defined by Hadith - as far as I can remember there is no punishment prescribed in the Quran for it. As with much of the Hadith/Sunnah there will probably be disagreement as to the rest, and the decision will probably depend on the opinion of those that are in favour/reject it who have the power to implement it.

As far as my memory serves though part of Apostasy in Islam requires that one denies the existance of God and/or the prophets, which wouldn't apply to a Christian hence my original statement that I'm not sure conversion to Christianity would technically amount to it.

Alas as long as Islam has councils that elevate the Hadith above the Quran to formulate their punishments from we will have situations like this :(

when are the religious leaders going to change the text of Koran

The text will never be changed because, like the holy books of all religions, it is believed to be the word of God. The problem isn't what these books say but how they are interpreted and fundamentalists will always interpret them to suit their own ends.

the koran says kill, while the bible, or the new testiment says love. I have no idea what the the torah says. Im not religious in anyway, but I do see that putting all religions in the same group is never going to solve the issues we have today.

There are suggestions that the video is fake and there seems no evidence that if real, it actually happened in Tunisia.

is there any evidence this video is fake? Its not as though Islam in these countries does not general support the idea of executing those who leave the religion.

Have a watch of this guy:

He is the son of a Hamas leader and he speak plainly about Islam.

Archived