Muslims Slaughter "Apostate" in Tunisia

is there any evidence this video is fake? ..........

Not that it is "fake". Someone does appear to lose their head.

But that same video was posted onto YouTube on May 5th, purporting to be an execution carried out in Syria by Syria’s Al-Nusra Front.

is there any evidence this video is fake? Its not as though Islam in these countries does not general support the idea of executing those who leave the religion.

Have a watch of this guy:

He is the son of a Hamas leader and he speak plainly about Islam.

I am currently reading a book called "The trouble with Islam" by Irshad Manji. She explains the history and context of Islam, Judaism and Christianity and how the former is closed to criticism or interpretation.

I have cut and pasted the following, as to provide a link would link the video.

Liberal talk show host Tawfiq Okasha recently appeared on “Egypt Today,” airing a video of Muslims slicing off a young man’s head off for the crime of apostasy — in this instance, the crime of converting to Christianity and refusing to renounce it. The video — be warned, it is immensely graphic — can be seen here (the actual execution appears from minute 1:13-4:00). For those who prefer not to view it, a summary follows:

A young man appears held down by masked men. His head is pulled back, with a knife to his throat. He does not struggle and appears resigned to his fate. Speaking in Arabic, the background speaker, or “narrator,” chants a number of Muslim prayers and supplications, mostly condemning Christianity, which, because of the Trinity, is referred to as a polytheistic faith: “Let Allah be avenged on the polytheist apostate”; “Allah empower your religion, make it victorious against the polytheists”; “Allah, defeat the infidels at the hands of the Muslims,” and “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.”

Then, to cries of “Allahu Akbar!” — Allah is greater!” — the masked man holding the knife to the apostate’s throat begins to slice away, severing the head completely after approximately one minute of graphic knife-carving, as the victim drowns in blood. Finally, the severed head is held aloft to more Islamic slogans of victory.

Visibly distraught, Tawfiq Okasha, the host, asks: “Is this Islam? Does Islam call for this? How is Islam related to this matter?. . . These are the images that are disseminated throughout the electronic media in Europe and America. . . . Can you imagine?” Then, in reference to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood and Salafis, whose political influence has grown tremendously, he asks, “How are such people supposed to govern?”

There are suggestions that the video is fake and there seems no evidence that if real, it actually happened in Tunisia.

I have just been reading about that.I don`t think the video is fake but there is no evidence it actually happened in Tunisia.I just hope the TV station that aired it has evidence to the contrary as its a pretty horrific thing to make up.

There are suggestions that the video is fake and there seems no evidence that if real, it actually happened in Tunisia.

If this is not fake...how do you fight this insanity? If it is fake..how do you fight this insanity?

If you look a the vid (I'm assuming it's real) the guy looks dazed. Drugged?

It's difficult to say much at all on subjects such as this without receiving a ban, but these are my thoughts (AND DOES NOT BREAK ANY FORUM RULES).

We have seen some democratic process since the Arab Spring, inevitably won by Islamists who will further deteriorate human rights and ramp up persecution of minorities.

The Arab Spring was lauded by many as the dawn of a new era for those countries, the start of peaceful democracies respectful of human rights. Many said that it's unlikely that sort of peaceful democracy could co-exist with Islam. Others rubbished that seniment and said it could. Who was right?

The whole world need to wake up and see that nothing less than a genocide is being waged against Christians right across the world by Muslims, where Islam is dominant and therefore most closely followed and observed. It may not be a centrally controlled, organised genocide like we are used to seeing in conflict zones, but it is never the less a genocide, and where they are not being killed, the persecution they are suffering at the hands of Muslims is of epic proportions.

Mods - please do not delete this post or ban me for this. It is on topic and does not break ANY forum rules.

I am currently reading a book called "The trouble with Islam" by Irshad Manji. She explains the history and context of Islam, Judaism and Christianity and how the former is closed to criticism or interpretation.

Sadly, very true!

the koran says kill, while the bible, or the new testiment says love. I have no idea what the the torah says. Im not religious in anyway, but I do see that putting all religions in the same group is never going to solve the issues we have today.

Can you tell me where it says this? The Qur'an is very much based on the Old Testament and Moslems believe in its content.

Archived