Muslims Slaughter "Apostate" in Tunisia

Historically being the operative word.

Christianity has moved on yet Islam still operates with a medaeval mentality in most of the Muslim world.

Yes. But it's at least 600years behind any of the other religions. That's a long time. Imagine England 600 years ago.

Which other religious leaders call for the death of others? Personally witnessed a Philippine catholic priest telling his congregation to go and "burn every man, woman and child" after a terrorist attack in Manila.

I reckon there's been a few kooky American religious leaders too calling for the same. then there's the African ones that call for the death of homosexuals. They're Christian too.

It's a tiny tiny minority yes, But so are the extremists in Islam.

It's more to do with the location and demographics of the followers.

The Christian Arabs in the middle east are not that much better in how they treat women and how they attribute what they consider justice.

By far Islam seems the easiest religion to become radicalised in but surely that has to do more with its followers than the actual religion itself.

I mean have you read some of the horrific things in the Jewish/Christian bible?

Yes. But it's at least 600years behind any of the other religions. That's a long time. Imagine England 600 years ago.

Which other religious leaders call for the death of others? Personally witnessed a Philippine catholic priest telling his congregation to go and "burn every man, woman and child" after a terrorist attack in Manila.

I reckon there's been a few kooky American religious leaders too calling for the same. then there's the African ones that call for the death of homosexuals. They're Christian too.

It's more to do with the location and demographics of the followers.

The Christian Arabs in the middle east are not that much better in how they treat women and how they attribute what they consider justice.

By far Islam seems the easiest religion to become radicalised in but surely that has to do more with its followers than the actual religion itself.

I mean have you read some of the horrific things in the Jewish/Christian bible?

Hitchens says it way better than most can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04osq6QWX8

In what other of todays religions other than Islam do the leaders encourage their followers to go out and commit mass murder.

None, as far as I know, but as I have stated many times it depends what you take as Islamic.

If you consider Islam to be the scriptures and what they teach then this is not Islamic behaviour.

If you consider self identifying as Islamic then it is, but by that same parallal you could say Christians are child abusers, Hindu's and Buddhists treat women as second class citizens etc etc, we could go on forever.

What I find interesting (from a purely religious perspective) is those people that condemn 'Islam' for its behaviour yet defend their own religion by saying that it is a small minority who are commiting the crime.

Wrong is wrong no matter what the scale, excuse or religion. Rather than condemning a particular 'group' for that wrong we should work with those from within that group and commit to making real, and lasting change. Blaming 'them' while excusing 'us' will only ever create division.

As I seem to have been repeating myself for the same people page after page I am taking leave of this conversation now.

Teddybare, I wish you luck.

I'd agree Islam is 600 years behind, and is acting like it.

Tiny minorities, if you hadn't yet grasped, rule in Islam. Your whataboutism doesn't work here.

For an answer to your question have a look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-18140844. 49 Christians beheaded by other Christians in Mexico over drugs wars. Are there are many more examples of that in the Americas if you care to look.

As for more Christian barbarism, fascism was an invention of Catholics. It led to the holocaust. It's just a fact that the holocaust gets labelled a Nazi act or a German act but not a Christian act because those doing the labelling are other Christians. But Christians do commit acts of barbarism.

Are you real, the be-headings were as you say drug related ,nothing to do with religion if that's the limit of your examples of christian atrocities in the modern world you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

By the way how do you know they were christians?there's certainly no mention of religion in your link

I'd agree Islam is 600 years behind, and is acting like it.

Tiny minorities, if you hadn't yet grasped, rule in Islam. Your whataboutism doesn't work here.

Islam started in 610 AD and is still in the 600s. Islam cannot change and still be Islam.

OR AM I WRONG?

Archived