The Fall Of Ebay

So i was thinking today and what a shame ebay has fallen completely.

I remember when I first started using ebay I absolutely loved it purely because you could buy anything at a fraction of the price locally because everyone was competing for your business so did the better deals.

Now though it isn't like that its very limited to what you can buy and when you do its normally the same price as locally or potentially even more expensive and that makes me sad but it has the potential to be a site that will be used for many years to come but due to what ebay has done with fees, etc i struggle to believe it will last another 5 years.

ebay hasn't fallen its bigger than ever with revenues of over $11 billion last year and employs over 27,000 people world wide. It may have changed but that doesnt mean its fallen by any sense of the word. In fact its revenue, profit, net income, total assets and total equity are all up. Its shareprice today is 39.76 which is just shy of its highest ever price of 39.9.

Ebay does not have any competition does it? I remember the early days where there was QXL (I think) which gave people a choice. I dont like the fees but it's the first place I think of to sell stuff, it reaches way more buyers than anything else.

Ebay does not have any competition does it? I remember the early days where there was QXL (I think) which gave people a choice. I dont like the fees but it's the first place I think of to sell stuff, it reaches way more buyers than anything else.

I don't us these sites myself but isn't there a site called the gumtree ... or even craigslist?

https://www.musicstack.com/ for music, not quite the same but a good alternative for music

I don't us these sites myself but isn't there a site called the gumtree ... or even craigslist?

Yes I have used them to buy big collection items, but they are not the first place people think to use like ebay has become. Also the purchase and checkout is not as simple as ebay (I think those sites just put you in contact with the seller/buyer and you arrange all that offsite).

Don't get me wrong they are good but not on ebays level.

That site could prompt me to dig out all my old stuff! That could be a promising site (I like the price valuations).

musicstack is brilliant and discogs, both suitable, if you are looking for or selling records and stuff.

They treat their customers (sellers) like utter turd and to be honest I hope they go out of business soon, same with paypal, they need some major competion, used to be a great site years ago, all they are bothered about now is the high street store sellers, I know of 100's of people who have had businesses ruined by them and their stupid rules such as the crazy DSR's

They treat their customers (sellers) like utter turd and to be honest I hope they go out of business soon, same with paypal, they need some major competion, used to be a great site years ago, all they are bothered about now is the high street store sellers, I know of 100's of people who have had businesses ruined by them and their stupid rules such as the crazy DSR's

What does DSR stand for?

Archived