White Bear Ecclesfield - not closing down any more.

Bruno

Such a shame, even tho Me and vickie had our little input there, it is a shame that the pub will be closing down on Jan 28 due to being sold off to yet another business development company to turn into offices, (same company who took over Griffin)

Best wishes to Martine (Eric_The_Man) and Shelly in there new ventures, a pitty that the brewery could have seen this pub as a going concern and therefor it could still have been a viable pub in the community, however as always the people of Ecclesfield will suffer yet again a disposal of another good local. :(

To be fair the bear was closed for 6 months before.

It was re-opened on June 20th and was run for a month with a manager (solely on his own for Roger) before us four took over and spent the hours and time decorating the place to what it is now, but you would think the fact that we did £7 short of £3000 in our third week (we left on the 4th) and the apparent increase in business since we left back in September, would make the brewery think that they have a proffitable business on thier hands.

Ecclesfield square had four public houses, sadly looking as though it will go down to two.

Let's just hope The Black Bull does not go the same way

Oh for **** sake.

Nowt like killing the village is their.

What crap news. Thought they'd done a good job of bringing the pub on, but obviously not.

Not the best/nicest pub, but at least it was another option.

Shocking.

Property values will rise in Ecclesfield as its reputation improves.

an "olde worlde" village like this should never have had to suffer the behaviour of loonies attracted to "the square" on an evening.

This area has been blighted for too long with broken glass all over outside and disgusting behaviour.

The local residents will be delighted. :clap: :clap: :clap:

well i do have to say im not at all suprised that it is closing down...i think the wrong people have been running the pub for Rodger..it was only a matter of time?i have wondered what the managemant at present will do when its closed.....maybe a little modelling perhaps...or maybe he/she will go round the corner and manage the Black Bull....anyone want a bet on how many weeks it will be before the Bull closes too?

its a shame but it was inevitable....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mod. Note

I've removed some postings from this thread because they were potentially libellous or might have bearing on legal matters.

If there is any other information about the closure of the pub, fine.

But if the users concerned wish to carry on with the bickering and accusations then I'll close the thread.

Thanks,

Joe

Archived