White Bear Ecclesfield - not closing down any more.

Bruno

You maybe right about working as glass collector, however an employer needs to apply for a work permit for any child otherwise that child is not covered by the employers liability insurance, also a child can only work within the time periods of 7am till 7pm

according to this

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/in-school-issues/children-working-part-time

So does this child work in the evenings?

After reading through these latest post's makes me wonder if the age of the staff is younger than 15, as this discussion thread looks like an instant messaging service between Told_Pinz and u and me:D

Sarah_B

Apart from me saying on numerous occasions that you are a bumb blond, have i offended you in any way. only it seems that every time i say anything you seem to come up with some stupid thing to try and down me.

as you will probably know, there are many thousands of people under the age of 18 working in pubs collecting glasses through out the country. as long as they dont serve alcohol and stick strictly to their job then it is perfectly legal.

if we all listend to you then every pub would shut down, people would not work, we would all be on the dole costing the government money paid in by honest tax payers like me.

why dont you give people a break sometime and take a chill pill, sit back and enjoy life for once instead of pulling people down at every oportunity..............

thanks for the vote of confidence Me and U as you say, we will be coming to a poub near you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah_B

Apart from me saying on numerous occasions that you are a bumb blond,

Your avatar speaks for itself

have i offended you in any way. only it seems that every time i say anything you seem to come up with some stupid thing to try and down me.

Which part of this thread are you refering to?

as you will probably know, there are many thousands of people under the age of 18 working in pubs collecting glasses through out the country. as long as they dont serve alcohol and stick strictly to their job then it is perfectly legal.

Under the age of 18 is a total different matter, than to under the age of 16, the law clearly states from the link I provided that NO CHILD is allowed to work after 7pm, Here is the link again, maybe you should take time to read it http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/in-school-issues/children-working-part-time

if we all listend to you then every pub would shut down, people would not work, we would all be on the dole costing the government money paid in by honest tax payers like me..

I am not asking anyone to listen to me just purely stating a fact of law, however I do have my fear of exploitations in situations like these, you say we would all be on the dole, how can a school child be on the dole? perhaps by not adereing to the law and employing cheap labour you are infact keeping a honest jobseaker on the dole.

why dont you give people a break sometime and take a chill pill, sit back and enjoy life for once instead of pulling people down at every oportunity...............

I would like you to point me in the direction as to where I have pulled people down at every oppertunity, this is a discussion forum and in this particular thread I asked the question is it legal for a 15 year old to be working in a bar, a simple search in google found the link which I posted, which I would have thought you as an employer would have taken these steps, but obviously ignorrance and attitude has prevailed.

Sarah_B

Apart from me saying on numerous occasions that you are a bumb blond, have i offended you in any way. only it seems that every time i say anything you seem to come up with some stupid thing to try and down me.

if we all listend to you then every pub would shut down, people would not work, we would all be on the dole costing the government money paid in by honest tax payers like me.

why dont you give people a break sometime and take a chill pill, sit back and enjoy life for once instead of pulling people down at every oportunity..............

thanks for the vote of confidence Me and U as you say, we will be coming to a poub near you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said eric_the_man !!!!! I 2 think she needs to take some kind of pill,maybe not a chill pill though,You not got any Hormone Pills you can give her...It could be the change....YOU KNOW !!! It affects people in different ways...LOL

thankx for the vote of confidence everyone while we have been running the white bear in ecco.

As i have said before, we are having a farewell party on Satusday and everyone is welcome (even Bruno will be welcome), its going to be our way of saying a big thank you to everyone who has supported the pub and its staff, whatever their ages are (Ha Ha).

dont forget either that we will still be having the great rock night on friday supplied by the fantastic Buffy from 8pm till close and iof you sk her nice, she moght even play almost anything you ask for (as long as its ROCK).

but seriously everyone, keep a look out on here as i will be posting details of our next pub and whats on offer there very soon.

The White Bear was just the start, its onwards and upwards now.

OH, and before i forget, Sarah B. if you really knew me, then you would know that my avatar is a picture of myself and im not affraid to show it.

Eric_The_Man.

dont forget either that we will still be having the great rock night on friday supplied by the fantastic Buffy from 8pm till close and iof you sk her nice, she moght even play almost anything you ask for (as long as its ROCK).

Eric_The_Man.

Unless It's Iron Maiden's "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son","2 Minutes To Midnight" Or "Wrathchild".:hihi:;)

Anyway,Good Luck Martine.Sure You'll Do Well In The Future.:thumbsup:

Archived