I saw a ghost last night

Now most of you who are familiar with me will know that I am a total sceptic on the existance of ghosts.

That is why this interested me so much.

I woke up at 2am this morning and at the end of my bed I saw two girls. They were dressed in what appeared to be night gowns, one was about 18, the other about 13.

There outlines were as clear as day and I could make out some details. They were just stood there looking at me.

What interests me about this is I know there were no ghosts, I woke the dog up who made no suggestion whatsoever that anything was there with us, but I swear on my life they were there, my eyes definately saw them, my brain definately percieved them, for all intents and purposes there were two girls stood at the end of my bed.

Fortunately the fact that I am well versed in Buddhist meditation allowed me to analyize the situation to such a degree that I saw the process as it unfolded of the the way the light was playing, the fact that I didn't have my spectacles on which meant my vision wasn't its best, and my mind filling in the gaps.

There were definately no ghosts in my bedroom last night.

But to my eyes and my brain there were definately two girls stood at the end of my bed, I saw there outlines, I saw details to a degree that I saw there faces and what they were wearing.

Seeing these ghosts and analyzing the situation as it unfolded has convinced me beyond any doubt I may have had that ghosts don't exist.

I definately saw two ghosts last night.

Any thoughts?

Now most of you who are familiar with me will know that I am a total sceptic on the existance of ghosts.

I woke up at 2am this morning and at the end of my bed I saw two girls. They were dressed in what appeared to be night gowns, one was about 18, the other about 13.

There outlines were as clear as day and I could make out some details. They were just stood there looking at me.

What interests me about this is I know there were no ghosts, I woke the dog up who made no suggestion whatsoever that anything was there with us, but I swear on my life they were there, my eyes definately saw them, my brain definately percieved them, for all intents and purposes there were two girls stood at the end of my bed.

Fortunately the fact that I am well versed in Buddhist meditation allowed me to analyize the situation to such a degree that I saw the process as it unfolded of the the way the light was playing, the fact that I didn't have my spectacles on which meant my vision wasn't its best, and my mind filling in the gaps.

But to my eyes and my brain there were definately two girls stood at the end of my bed, I saw there outlines, I saw details to a degree that I saw there faces and what they were wearing.

Seeing these ghosts and analyzing the situation as it unfolded has convinced me beyond any doubt I may have had that ghosts don't exist.

Any thoughts?

Did he have anything to say on the matter at all?

Any thoughts?

I know I am not at my best at the moment but I can't decipher this at all what are you trying to say

I know I am not at my best at the moment but I can't decipher this at all what are you trying to say

It seems to me he's saying he doesn't believe in ghosts, on waking he perceived that there appeared to be some ghosts, and is now asking if anyone has any rational explanations.

...I know, crazy isn't it! Trying to think rationally instead of contacting a medium or exorcist!

It seems to me he's saying he doesn't believe in ghosts, on waking he perceived that there appeared to be some ghosts, and is now asking if anyone has any rational explanations.

...I know, crazy isn't it! Trying to think rationally instead of contacting a medium or exorcist!

Oh I thought his buddhist meditation had allowed him to analyze the situation obviously not :confused:

Oh I thought his buddhist meditation had allowed him to analyze the situation obviously not :confused:

My analysis was what allowed me to see there were no ghosts, but to my mind, had I not used that rational analysis there would have been two ghosts, without a doubt, it was so clear that I would have believed it.

Any thoughts?

I've had a handful of similar experiences throughout my life, I still don't currently believe in ghosts. These experiences are not proof that ghosts exist, just proof that the mind can be affected by many things.

On one occasion (not a ghostly one though) I awoke in the night and felt a presence in the bedroom other than my wife and I. I could see in the shadows the hat/coat stand we had, which was a wireframe figure of a man, with coats hung over his shoulders and hats on his head.

He was the presence and I was convinced he was watching us and waiting for something...

The odd thing about this was that I KNEW it was a lifeless coat stand but at the same time I KNEW it was a malevolent force that would make it's move any moment. My wife awoke to find me crouched on the end of the bed watching it. She asked what I was doing and I hissed "SHUSH!"

I was fully aware of what I was doing but had no control of my actions. I kept watching and even though I saw it stay still and KNEW it was a lifeless wire frame, I felt it look at me and I leapt at it. Boy was that embarrassing :hihi:

The point being, I was in a waking dream (I think) where my rational side was in conflict with my dreaming imagination. The "ghostly" experiences I've had have always been either just waking/going to sleep, or in an extremely relaxed frame of mind. I've always found it interesting that methods people use for "entering the spirit world" or "astral projecting" are similar/the same as some self-hypnosis/meditation/relaxation methods.

Archived