I saw a ghost last night

• 2 months later...
Now most of you who are familiar with me will know that I am a total sceptic on the existance of ghosts.

That is why this interested me so much.

I woke up at 2am this morning and at the end of my bed I saw two girls. They were dressed in what appeared to be night gowns, one was about 18, the other about 13.

There outlines were as clear as day and I could make out some details. They were just stood there looking at me.

What interests me about this is I know there were no ghosts, I woke the dog up who made no suggestion whatsoever that anything was there with us, but I swear on my life they were there, my eyes definately saw them, my brain definately percieved them, for all intents and purposes there were two girls stood at the end of my bed.

Fortunately the fact that I am well versed in Buddhist meditation allowed me to analyize the situation to such a degree that I saw the process as it unfolded of the the way the light was playing, the fact that I didn't have my spectacles on which meant my vision wasn't its best, and my mind filling in the gaps.

There were definately no ghosts in my bedroom last night.

But to my eyes and my brain there were definately two girls stood at the end of my bed, I saw there outlines, I saw details to a degree that I saw there faces and what they were wearing.

Seeing these ghosts and analyzing the situation as it unfolded has convinced me beyond any doubt I may have had that ghosts don't exist.

I definately saw two ghosts last night.

Any thoughts?

Just out of curiosity,did those girls ever make an appearance again?

;)

Visions of ghosts and angels are a definite sympton of schizophrenia. It's well known that such people hear voices so the mind is quite capable also of projecting an image that doesnt exist

My mental health is not in question at present then,i havn't seen my guardian angel yet.

My mental health is not in question at present then,i havn't seen my guardian angel yet.

Seriously. Isnt it incredible that schizophrenia was the root cause of France winning a war against England. Poor Joan of Arc was definitely one but "those voices" she heard telling her to take up the sword against the English army brought inspiration to an army that was demoralized and in defeat mode.

Anyway, the Church had a cure for her condition... they just burned the poor girl at the stake :sad:

Then theres the young peasant girl and her "vison" of the Virgin Mary near the village of Lourdes and the rest is history.

Seriously. Isnt it incredible that schizophrenia was the root cause of France winning a war against England. Poor Joan of Arc was definitely one but "those voices" she heard telling her to take up the sword against the English army brought inspiration to an army that was demoralized and in defeat mode.

Anyway, the Church had a cure for her condition... they just burned the poor girl at the stake :sad:

Then theres the young peasant girl and her "vison" of the Virgin Mary near the village of Lourdes and the rest is history.

Those details are hard to comprehend,and its natural and understandable to be sceptical and question any claims of supernatural occurrences be they religious visions or ghosts etc,but though i prefer to view such claims with a high degree of scepticism,i don't totally dismiss everything because some things can't be explained.

Not that I'm any sort of believer in ghosts or anything, but how old is your house? And if you looked back at the census records could you find a point where there were two girls of about the right age living there? And if you happened to find some descendants of that family who happened to have some old photos of the two girls... I ought to write a book really.

Archived