I saw a ghost last night

Now most of you who are familiar with me will know that I am a total sceptic on the existance of ghosts.

That is why this interested me so much.

I woke up at 2am this morning and at the end of my bed I saw two girls. They were dressed in what appeared to be night gowns, one was about 18, the other about 13.

There outlines were as clear as day and I could make out some details. They were just stood there looking at me.

What interests me about this is I know there were no ghosts, I woke the dog up who made no suggestion whatsoever that anything was there with us, but I swear on my life they were there, my eyes definately saw them, my brain definately percieved them, for all intents and purposes there were two girls stood at the end of my bed.

Fortunately the fact that I am well versed in Buddhist meditation allowed me to analyize the situation to such a degree that I saw the process as it unfolded of the the way the light was playing, the fact that I didn't have my spectacles on which meant my vision wasn't its best, and my mind filling in the gaps.

There were definately no ghosts in my bedroom last night.

But to my eyes and my brain there were definately two girls stood at the end of my bed, I saw there outlines, I saw details to a degree that I saw there faces and what they were wearing.

Seeing these ghosts and analyzing the situation as it unfolded has convinced me beyond any doubt I may have had that ghosts don't exist.

I definately saw two ghosts last night.

Any thoughts?

You was probably dreaming about girls and when you woke you imagined seeing them.

With all due respect I don't think you understand.

If I said 'I saw what looked like two ghosts' it would give the impression that at the time I knew, for certain, that they weren't ghosts. But that's not the case. I didn't percieve them as things that looked like ghosts. I percieved them as ghosts, as real as if you were stood before me. I wouldn't percieve you as a someone who looked like a person, I would percieve you as a person.

Part of my mind percieved them as real, part knew they weren't, I saw two ghosts in exactly the same way that I can see the laptop I'm working on, but unlike the laptop they weren't there, part of my mind just thought they were.

In that case, maybe you should have said 'I thought I saw two ghosts'??

Time he reformed back.

I see nothing wrong with living a decent healthy lifestyle.

Mate, forget the Buddhism, all the malarkey, go out have a couple of pints and try and get laid, even if you have to pay for it.

I promise you will feel better.

So its been established you are male, that would account for the odd aggressive comments we see in your posts sometimes. :hihi:

I don't think there are 'forces' of any kind at work. I think my brain interpreted the play of light in my room, without my glasses, when I had just woken up as two girls. As far as 'it' was concerned there were two girls in my room.

The only thing it's done regarding ghosts is reaffirmed what I already thought, that those who are convinced beyond doubt that they have seen a ghost are suceptable to their mind playing tricks on them.

You said you saw the things, you've described as girls & their ages, sorry you cannot put that down to not having glasses on. They might come back who knows, what is strange is the dog didn't react yet they are supposed to be susceptible to these things.

You said you saw the things, you've described as girls & their ages, sorry you cannot put that down to not having glasses on[/Quote]

I can, the mind is exceptionally powerful, it plans out the future, remembers the past, formulates philosophy, transmits vision into art and music. Creating forms that appear as two detailed girls in the middle of the night without clear vision when one has just woken up is pretty minor as far as the mind goes.

They might come back who knows[/Quote]

If my mind can create exactly the same vision under different circumstances to such a degree of accuracy and realism I would be very interested to experience it.

what is strange is the dog didn't react yet they are supposed to be susceptible to these things.

It's not strange, it was my mind playing tricks, it would have been strange if anything was actually there and he hadn't reacted, but as it was a clear formulation of mymind interpreting the surroundings through my eyes I dont find it suprising at all that the dog didn't react (actually he did react, he gave me an annoyed look for waking him up), but he didn't react to any external stimuli.

Archived