Legionnaires' disease in Scotland

And yet we are constantly inflicted with hourly reports on the bladder infection that the Duke of Edinburgh has.

Whilst I have nothing against the royal family, I'm not sure that the welfare of the D of E's bladder is as serious as one dead and many others seriously ill with Legionnaires disease:confused:

I noticed it then but I would have thought that a multitude of people in intensive care and one dead would have been treated as a major story and it hasn't been really.

There have been between 15 and 20 people killed on the roads in the last three days. Why would one single death from an illness rate any more story time than those?

Guest sibon
There have been between 15 and 20 people killed on the roads in the last three days. Why would one single death from an illness rate any more story time than those?

Partly because 15 to 20 people get killed on the roads every three days and Legionella is mercifully rare. Partly because Legionella has the capacity to spread. And partly because microbes are scarier than cars.

Archived