Scottish independence and Re-designing the Union Flag?

Scotland wont become independent because they like living on the gravy train too much.

The thought of them having to support themselves will probably send your average jocks blood cold.

That salmon geezer is a right laugh though.

You want to really listen to some of the stuff he says.

I once watched an interview and he said Scotland 36 times.

The interview was only 15 minutes long at most but he even managed to get a couple of references about the "braveheart William Wallace":hihi::hihi:

Seriously the mans a joke and as soon as the Scots realize this the independence thing will be put to bed for good.

I believe Scottish independence will happen... Eventually.

The SNP have been bleating about it for years.

Bleating to get votes from the hardcore England haters is one thing.

Actually doing it is completely different.

It will not happen in my lifetime or my kids or even their kids lifes.

So if ever the Scots achieve their full independence from the UK, will we have to re-design the Union Flag without the blue saltire?

And will England, Wales and Scotland be yet more little nations struggling at the Olympics?

We never redesigned it when Ireland left, it still has the St Patrick's cross in it.

So if ever the Scots achieve their full independence from the UK, will we have to re-design the Union Flag without the blue saltire?

And will England, Wales and Scotland be yet more little nations struggling at the Olympics?

Not unless they also decide they don't want the Queen to be their Queen, the flag isn't about political union it's about having the same monarch. We will still probably be call the united kingdom.

Northern Ireland is still part of the UK though isnt it?

The St Patrick's cross represented the whole of Ireland though.

Anyway another point is that the Union flag doesn't represent the union of the countries, it predates this to the union of the crowns. Which I believe isn't changing, as under the SNP's proposals as the Queen would remain head of state of an independent Scotland.

Remember there is also ramifications for other countries flags such as Australia and New Zealand if we mess about with the Union flag.

The St Patrick's cross represented the whole of Ireland though.

Anyway another point is that the Union flag doesn't represent the union of the countries, it predates this to the union of the crowns. Which I believe isn't changing, as under the SNP's proposals as the Queen would remain head of state of an independent Scotland.

Remember there is also ramifications for other countries flags such as Australia and New Zealand if we mess about with the Union flag.

Our flag is such a beautiful one. Id hate to see any changes made at all.

As far as Scotland is concerned i wouldnt care if they chopped them off at Hadrian's wall and sent them off to sea.

Let them fend for themselves imo.

Archived