Help with JSA appeal?

My JSA has been sanctioned for 2 weeks because I didn't apply for a job which stated certain qualifications are ESSENTIAL.

As i don't have these ESSENTIAL qualifications i didn't apply, but the DWP said this isn't fulfilling my JSA agreement therefore the sanction was implemented :loopy:

You can't get hardship or a crisis loan either if youir JSA's sanctioned, so now panicking as i need money to live so i can buy food, electricity and toiletries.

I'm definitely going to appeal but been ringing all day to try and speak to someone at CAB to book an appointment, or anyone who can help with these matters? :help:

Don't ring Job Centre Plus about it, I know from painful experience that they're about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and that's putting it politely.

If you can get through to the CAB I'd definitely go that route.

My JSA has been sanctioned for 2 weeks because I didn't apply for a job which stated certain qualifications are ESSENTIAL.

As i don't have these ESSENTIAL qualifications i didn't apply, but the DWP said this isn't fulfilling my JSA agreement therefore the sanction was implemented :loopy:

You can't get hardship or a crisis loan either if youir JSA's sanctioned, so now panicking as i need money to live so i can buy food, electricity and toiletries.

I'm definitely going to appeal but been ringing all day to try and speak to someone at CAB to book an appointment, or anyone who can help with these matters? :help:

You should have just applied.

Jump through the hoops they give you no matter how seemingly pointless.

Until you get a job they own you and boy do they like to show it.

You should have just applied.

Jump through the hoops they give you no matter how seemingly pointless.

Until you get a job they own you and boy do they like to show it.

...or just said you'd applied. What a gutter :mad:

Well yes they could have said they'd applied but wouldn't the jobcentre check?

I don't think they do...there are so many people out there applying for jobs and hearing naff all, (not even a "I'm sorry, you were unsuccessful") they couldn't possibly check up on everyone

Well yes they could have said they'd applied but wouldn't the jobcentre check?

If the job was through the jobcentre it will have a list of all people put forward for the job, and the result of interview/attendance/non attendance. If you are single you will have more luck nailing custard to the wall, than getting hardship .

You get turned down for a C/L because of the sanction, you must appeal & it has to be within 28 days of the decision. The jobcentre are following rules put in place by the government, they are not set by them.

Archived