Has the time come to abolish the pint in favour of the Litre?

What size should a standard can of beer be?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What size should a standard can of beer be?

• A pint!
    • A litre!
    • Hiccup.
    • Don't know.

Yes.

Imperial ream = 480 sheets.

Metric 'ream'= 500 sheets.

But neither has any relevance to gsm.

Believe me there are other ream sizes. When you are measuring the sheet using a nuclear scanning gauge, it easier when the basis weight is referred to a constant like square meters than against a variable like the ream, especially if your machine is capable of a large range of different weights. A linerboard machine is a case of big weight differences on a single machine. I am of course referrring to the Canadian/American paper industry of which I have been a part for over thirty years.

http://www.beveragedaily.com/Processing-Packaging/Rexam-s-two-piece-one-litre-beer-can-hits-Western-Europe

Having just supped a Litre of Lithuanian beer, I reckon these Litre tinnies are the future.

I'm sick and tired of the tiny cans commonly available in the UK, it is just excess packaging. They used to be a pint (568mL), but now they are various sizes; 660, 500, 484, 440, 330, 284, 275, 250mL. All of them smaller (with the exception of the occasionally seen 660mL).

The 1000mL can is a refreshing change. It also makes calculating alcohol units far easier. A litre of X% beer contains X units of alcohol.

What do you think?

I think if a litre of beer costs the same as a pint then yes we should use litres hic !

A litre of Beer? Won't happen, some people in this Country can't handle their drinks as it is, imagine Johnny Alky supping a whole Litre of White Lightning or whatever? He'd be dead the next morning from Alcohol poisoning.

A litre of white lightening would be a mere aperitif to someone who is genuinely alcohol dependant. Frosty jack in 3litre bottles (plural) or a litre of vodka if funds allow seem to be current favourites.

Foster's Lager was always sold here in some massive can always nicknamed an oil can. I don't remember it's volume. It's Australian and the most god awful drink I ever had. My favorite beer is Stella Artois.

Archived